Way to organize (and get rid of) Unwanted expression dials

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I'd love it if there was a way to organize and get rid of unwanted expression dials. I have thousands, and quite frankly some of them just don't work for me. I'd love an easy way to remove them, without rooting around in the data folder for the exact morph. 

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,263
    edited June 2020

I have nothing right now that I want to delete to see what this option does. On the Parameters Tab, right-click and enter Edit mode. Then right-click again [to get it back} and there is an option to delete property. I have no idea if it affects any files in the data folder.

For 'thousands' - one can select several dials at once, right-click on any one of them and make a selection which would be applied to them all.

You might want to back up the data folder before trying any of this. Quick way is to send it to a zip folder. Quick being a relative term of course.

Delete Selected Property.png
    263 x 467 - 15K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

I don't know about reorganising expressions, but you can safely delete individual expressions.

Find them under:

data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/[gender]/Morphs/[artist]/[product]

• I'd love it if there was a way to organize and get rid of unwanted expression dials. I have thousands, and quite frankly some of them just don't work for me. I'd love an easy way to remove them, without rooting around in the data folder for the exact morph. 

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this.

If you've installed via DIM, Daz connect, or Daz central, you can just select the particular product and remove it.

If you want to keep certain dials but remove others, you'll need to find the particular DSF file in the Data folder and remove them manually.

If you've installed manually, you'll need to delete it manually.

To find the particular DSF, you'll need to check it's Name, not its Label, in the slider. Click on the gear icon  for the Parameters Settings dialogue box, and note the name above the label. image 1

Once you know it's name, and the PA didn't bork something, you'll then just need to run a search through Explorer in the data folder.

parameters dialogue.jpg
    1488 x 768 - 277K
  • I have nothing right now that I want to delete to see what this option does. On the Parameters Tab, right-click and enter Edit mode. Then right-click again [to get it back} and there is an option to delete property. I have no idea if it affects any files in the data folder.

For 'thousands' - one can select several dials at once, right-click on any one of them and make a selection which would be applied to them all.

You might want to back up the data folder before trying any of this. Quick way is to send it to a zip folder. Quick being a relative term of course.

That option only deletes the parameter for the current instance of the figure. It will still be there the next time you load the figure.

As far as i know, and somebody can correct me on this, there is no way to delete a slider permanantly from within DS.

Even if you check the option to "Save modified asset(s)" it won't show the deleted item as an option to update.