Texture Not working correctly.

Hello, I need some help with a project i am currently working on. I build this Scifi Chair. But the base as you can see is silver coloured. It is suposed to be dark metal like the seat is, but every single time I import it into Daz3D and i asign the texture to it, it looks like this.

I use blender for modeling and I have tried as many things as i could think up to fix this problum but I am at my wits end. Any help is greatly apriciated!!!!! If you maybe have had this same problum and know how to fix it.

So I have tried exporting the 3D model from daz, then back into blender, then back into daz.

I tryed flipping normals.

I tryed exporting as FBX, then importing as OBJ in blender then exporting as OBJ and then into Daz.

I tryed redoing the texture.

Nothing has worked so far.

Any help Please!!!!!

Thank you all.

Chair.jpg
1824 x 1080 - 328K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Are you sure it is the right surface?

What happens if you aplly a different shader?

• No I am sure it is the right surface. 

So here is the funny thing. The surface has a textured to it called Chair base. and the top of the chair that is correctly textured is called Chair Base Top.

Now if I texture the base with the top texture it works fine, but if I go back to the origanal base texture it does not accept. So I thought it was a texture problum, but somehow it is not because I tried to make other textres for the base with different names. and no luck.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

What happens if you set cutout oppacity to 0? Does the base then turn invisible?

• Thank you everyone who pitched in. your help is most apriciated!!! 

I fixed my problum to some degree. I Still do not understand why some of my models act in this way. most of the time it is rare, but every so often it happens.

So the way I fixed it was to just re model the base, from a completely new box. renamed the texture to something different and it now works.

Im still confused why. but It is working now. :)

thank you all again.

• ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209
    edited June 2020

Maybe, you inadvertedly doubled the base on ityself (all to easy in Blender, I use it all the time and it still happens to me). I find the Blender/DAZ coupling far from ideal. I use the Gleb Alexandrov way of modelling mostly and what looks like jem in Blender looks like a turd in DAZ due to the fact that DAZ does still not import normals in OBJ or anny other file type as far as I'm aware of.

Greets, ArtisanS

Scoot.PNG
    1094 x 1351 - 2M
    Post edited by ArtisanS on