XTech for Genesis 2 Female OUT NOW! (Commercial)

ElorOnceDarkElorOnceDark Posts: 151

I'm Baaaack! After a long hiatus and lots of practice, honing my Genesis 2 and DAZ Studio skills, I am proud to introduce my first Genesis 2 Female set, XTech! Coming soon!

There are actually two sets, the first is the XTech Clothing Set: a full outfit including a once piece suit (that has crop top and panties morphs), pants (that have a shorts morph), a bolero jacket, boots, gloves, and a morphing sub-machine gun. There are two complete texture sets included: Post-Apocalyptic, and a sleeker Cyber motif. Both DS and Poser presets are included.

The second set is the XTech ponytail Dreadlocks. This set includes the dreadlocks, goggles, and a respirator mask. For the props there are two texture options that coincide with the suit, and for the hair there are 18 different color options along with 9 options for the hair tie. DS and Poser presets are also included.

You also have the option of picking up a bundle that includes both sets at a significant savings.

Morphs for all of the current DAZ released G2Female characters are supported.

Stay tuned for companion packages from several talented DAZ PA's!

Thanks for taking a look!

Click for larger previews.

Scimitar.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 274K
XTechCyberRear.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 301K
XTechCyberFront.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 289K
XTechApocRear.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 389K
XTechMainImage.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 360K
Post edited by ElorOnceDark on

Comments

• ElorOnceDarkElorOnceDark Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

Apocalypse details

DreadsMaskMain.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 441K
    Apoc_ClothesLowerFront.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 362K
    Apoc_ClothesLowerBack.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 386K
    Apoc_ClothesBack.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 270K
    Apoc_Clothes_Front.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 398K
    edited December 1969

Cyber and untextured

PoserUntexturedAllFront.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 283K
    PoserUntexturedAllBACK.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 279K
    CyberHeadGear2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 387K
    CyberHeadGear.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 473K
    CyberClothesShooting.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 392K
    edited May 2014

A few more. Click for larger previews.

Bountys_Beeotches.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 418K
    ApocalypseGunner2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 403K
    DreadsPromo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 614K
    DreadsNoDiffuse_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 333K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Wow, that looks fantastic. I love the textures, and that hair looks really real.

• JeniMorrisJeniMorris Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

I am so thrilled you are back and better than ever!!!!

Here’s my add-on set a character/texture for Giselle with a bonus texture set for the XTech clothing models ;-)

Promo3.jpg
    700 x 888 - 571K
    Promo2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 910K
    Promo1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited December 1969

A few ore...

Promo5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Promo4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 805K
    edited December 1969

A couple more the last one being a poser render ;-)

Promo7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Promo6.jpg
    700 x 888 - 675K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,953
    edited December 1969

The hair all by itsrlf has nigh-on guaranteed me getting it!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

This is a 99% perfect set in my view. Love the character, love the hair, love the weapons, love the texture on the clothing, love the different looks of the clothing. Just wish it included a full shirt option instead of the high leg opening only.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I'm not a fan of crop jackets, but that set looks very slick! I'll nab that.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2014

This set and the textures look amazing, and that hair is fantastic! That patchwork leather looks really nice. I don't use G2F much except for when I'm using her for mixing with OOT's Fiends, but I'm definitely snagging this.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • ArienArien Posts: 195
    edited May 2014

Also coming: CyberXtech textures for the outfit, and separate textures for the dreads.

I am lucky enough to know people with amazing dreadlocks, and I had permission from them to photograph their hair for this project. I've done quite a bit of sculpting on Zbrush to recreate the very particular texture that dreads can have, and have translated them into all new 16 bits displacement and bump maps for them, that can be applied on their own to the textures included in the base set too (this "bump and displacement maps over the original dreads textures" is a DAZ-studio only function, sorry folks, unless I can write a python script to do this in Poser, but you can still apply them manually!). The dreads do come with ubershader material presets for Studio, and with Poser materials too, and below, you can see how some of these look on the model, colours included, and how the new displacement and bump alter the look of the dreads.

And yes, that's a Poser render! Shows the 14 colours for the dreads. There are also 14 new ties that you can apply separately, and that include a similar level of detaill... see the little skulls on one of the ties below :)

11-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 375K
    10305979_10152190277854132_6633087504451144150_n.jpg
    250 x 250 - 20K
    08-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 295K
    02-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 335K
    00-main-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 280K
    Post edited by Arien on
    edited December 1969

Here are the outfit textures included. Three sets, cyber-goth style. Same attention to detail as with the dreads, with extra folds, wrinkles and details sculpted in Zbrush, killer uber-shader materials, Poser support, all original sci-fi patterns on the fabrics used created specifically for this project (so none of these same old same old fabric), and extra individual materials settings for the epaulettes (shoulder pads between you and me) that allow you to give each set a bit more variation to have diamonds, spikes, petals or hexagons, with displacements to take these to the next level.

All of the textures are high resolution, most of them coming at 4096x4096px, so you know you'll get sharp renders even when doing close-ups.

The textures for the outfit and hair will be available as two separate packs, in case you want either the outfit or the dreads, and as a bundle.

07-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 172K
    04-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 227K
    06-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 254K
    05-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 303K
    09-cyberxtech-bundle-for-xtech-outfit-and-dreadlock-ponytail-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 194K
    edited May 2014

Is it bad I want that pink skulled version as an outfit for Maya in Borderlands 2?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Is it bad I want that pink skulled version as an outfit in Borderlands 2?

No, I think that is cool as hell! ;-) That's one of my favs!

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

I love it, and pink definitely isn't one of my top colors. That says something. lol

The outfit itself is close enough to Maya's BL2 outfit that I see some fanart in my future.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,560
    edited December 1969

Looks great. Can't wait to pick it up. Even though I don't do much with female characters.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hips showing or not this is SO a buy. Great work, great detail. Besides I know how to cheat the hips when I want that look too.
    Pink sold me even more than the leathers did.

• InfinityRainInfinityRain Posts: 25
    edited May 2014

and here are a few using my pose set coming out as well for this set. :) (edited to correct myself here, the first image isn't from my pose set but another image to show off some of the products being released) :)

BADAIR2.png
    960 x 960 - 2M
    NewCharliesAngels01a.png
    992 x 992 - 2M
    xtech.png
    538 x 960 - 789K
    NewCharliesAngels02a.png
    679 x 960 - 840K
    Post edited by InfinityRain on
    edited May 2014

That first one of the three girls shows the outfits and Morris' character and Arien's texture but the poses used in it isn't one from my set. The other three images are my poses...sorry about that.

Post edited by InfinityRain on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Vaskania said:

I love it, and pink definitely isn't one of my top colors. That says something. lol

Hot pink and lime green are usually colours I don't want anywhere near me, but I'd seen what textures were included, and I couldn't just go for yet another post-apocalyptic grungy texture... and the whole look reminded me a *lot* of clothing I'd seen back in my days of goth clubbing (I mean, going to goth clubs, not clubbing goths with a heavy object). So I went instead in that direction. The little skull and the biohazard symbols were just ways of adding a bit more fun to it all.

The *real* fun for me was texturing the dreads. One of my dance teachers has luscious thin dreads that reach past her lower back, and I've spent about 2 hours every week for the past two years staring at her head and back, so I've had enough time to pick a lot of tiny details. She was also gracious enough to allow me to photograph her dreads for this, so it was *awesome* to try new techniques to get that level of fine detail into them!

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

This does look great. I do wish there was a version of the shirt that doesn't show the sides right above the hips but I like how the shirt and the pants both morph into different shapes, so that is cool. Will there by an dynamic morphs? IE, the type of morphs sickleyield does for things like turning the clothing into a prop or even lifting the shirt or whatever?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151
    edited December 1969

Looks great. Can't wait to pick it up. Even though I don't do much with female characters.

Same for me.

I mean with some of the best involved in this project who could resist.

ElorOnceDark, The outfit is really nice but LOVE the hair.

Morris I see your little girl is growing up fast! Love your offerings

Arien, Ana, honey, your work is always top notch! Glad to see you on G+

InfinityRain, Your pose set looks great.

Looks like this project will be a winner!

edited May 2014

Arien said:
    Vaskania said:
    Vaskania said:

Hot pink and lime green are usually colours I don't want anywhere near me, but I'd seen what textures were included, and I couldn't just go for yet another post-apocalyptic grungy texture... and the whole look reminded me a *lot* of clothing I'd seen back in my days of goth clubbing (I mean, going to goth clubs, not clubbing goths with a heavy object). So I went instead in that direction. The little skull and the biohazard symbols were just ways of adding a bit more fun to it all.

The *real* fun for me was texturing the dreads. One of my dance teachers has luscious thin dreads that reach past her lower back, and I've spent about 2 hours every week for the past two years staring at her head and back, so I've had enough time to pick a lot of tiny details. She was also gracious enough to allow me to photograph her dreads for this, so it was *awesome* to try new techniques to get that level of fine detail into them!

lol@clubbing goths. I did the goth club thing myself during my late teens and twenties (nowadays since I'm 10-15 years older I prefer metal/biker bars), but that was before you saw any candy rave style goths in the region I was in (the one's that look like a Tekken or Mortal Kombat character screen). I can definitely see how they could be an inspiration though.

Having her hair as a reference definitely paid off as those suckers look nice and realistic.

I wish Daz did releases throughout the day. I'm so impatient. LOL

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

wow ! impresive set !

edited May 2014

Will there by an dynamic morphs? IE, the type of morphs sickleyield does for things like turning the clothing into a prop or even lifting the shirt or whatever?

Sorry, no dynamic morphs, (I'm not as ingenious as sickleyield ;-) ) but there is still a lot of variation in customizing the outfit. You have the morphs for the suit that make it into a crop top, or panties, or both, then the pants into shorts. On the bolero, you can make the sleeves invisible for a vest, and you can also hide the front bib and the collar. The fur parts you see on the bolero and the boots are a mixture of displacement maps, and morphs to "puff" the area out a bit. You also have the option of using all the different clothing items separately.

The pants ride pretty low, so a longer shirt from another set would probably work well with the pants. The outfit covers up a lot of her body, so I wanted the high hip line to accentuate some skin! ;-) I think it makes it stand out from just a normal shirt, but to each his/her own.

Thanks to every one for the comments so far! :-D

edited December 1969

I have to chime in here because I personally think Elor is mad crazy genius to think of so much.....when you use the shorts it isn't just CUT OFF, there's a morph that makes it look like they are indeed shorts....same with the crop top. Also the full length pants has a morph for wrinkling up the pants where they go into the boots giving it a more realistic look. The kickers (boots) has a morph to make them into wedges (you can see it used in my renders already posted here)
    There's just so much to the outfit, props, dreads that I'm sure I'm missing something. I can't praise the work put into these enough. Including Morris' girl and bonus texture and Arien's textures. SOOO much talent!! :)

edited May 2014

Awww...thanks Rain!

Ok, I know an outfit can't be everything for everyone, but here's a little example of what you can do if you want your own custom look, and spend a little time with it. I took the dress from 4blueyes' TEC2 CAT for Genesis 2 Female(s) set, and did a quickie morph to hide the bottom of the dress.

Viola! instant shirt. ;-)

XTechWShirt.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 329K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited May 2014

you know what is INSANE????

the morph on the GUN to make shotgun shells/pellets/whatever they are called to explode out to show the gun is shooting!!!!!!

(I have no knowledge whatsover about guns/rifles so don't know how to describe that properly LOL)

that is the most BRILLIANT thing ever!!!!

Post edited by jakiblue on
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    you know what is INSANE????

the morph on the GUN to make shotgun shells/pellets/whatever they are called to explode out to show the gun is shooting!!!!!!

(I have no knowledge whatsover about guns/rifles so don't know how to describe that properly LOL)

that is the most BRILLIANT thing ever!!!!

Thanks Jaki! :-D

Here's some examples of some of the 31 morphs included in the Scimitar.

Scimitar_Morph_Examples.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 454K