Is there a way to have camera movement ignore keyboard input?

My workflow has been severely hampered by this. For whatever reason, since using Daz I've noticed that when inputting text in the parameters tab, there is a chance that it will immediately kick me out and move the camera instead, absurdly common when trying to filter "eyes" in particular. Not only does this move the camera, but the undo function doesn't actually reset the camera either. In fact, it doesn't even change the camera's position according to the parameters at all! Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I'm finding myself having to repeatedly reload scenes when trying to use the filter function. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• This happens if viewport navigation is enabled (and there's a bug in 4.12.1.117 that keeps it on even if it's off) and focus has been lost by the filter text box (easy to do as if the mouse moves over a control and causes it to highlight the focus shifts - this is apparently an issue with the Qt application framework used to build DS). The Publlic Build should allow you to turn WASD Viewport navigation off (shift K).

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

Are you working in a camera view or a default view (perspective/front/left/right/back/top/bottom)? Position changes for a camera are tracked (and therefore, undo-able) if you're working in that camera's viewport. If you're working in one of the default views, maybe create a couple of cameras duplicating the view: use one for a working viewport and the other as a backup. If the working view gets screwed up, just delete the camera and switch to the backup. (Just remember to duplicate the backup camera before you start working it.)

Haven't tried this, but—assuming you're working in a camera view—have you tried locking the position and rotations of the camera(s) in question?

• Wicked WhompWicked Whomp Posts: 214
    edited June 2020
    mclaugh said:

Are you working in a camera view or a default view (perspective/front/left/right/back/top/bottom)? Position changes for a camera are tracked (and therefore, undo-able) if you're working in that camera's viewport. If you're working in one of the default views, maybe create a couple of cameras duplicating the view: use one for a working viewport and the other as a backup. If the working view gets screwed up, just delete the camera and switch to the backup. (Just remember to duplicate the backup camera before you start working it.)

Haven't tried this, but—assuming you're working in a camera view—have you tried locking the position and rotations of the camera(s) in question?

The issue is the camera view. For whatever reason, it doesn't track the changes, because when the camera moves in this fashion, the camera moves in the viewport (meaning the view shifts) but the position parameters for the camera itself do not change, else I'd simply copy down the parameter values and copy-paste them if need be, or even lock them as you suggested. What's worse, undo function doesn't undo any of these sorts of camera movement either, so reloading seems to be the only option. And yes, I've used a duplicate camera in the fashion that you mention, however it gets tedious, and is often slower than reloading when switching between the two, deleting the old and then having to create another duplicate each time something goes wrong.

This happens if viewport navigation is enabled (and there's a bug in 4.12.1.117 that keeps it on even if it's off) and focus has been lost by the filter text box (easy to do as if the mouse moves over a control and causes it to highlight the focus shifts - this is apparently an issue with the Qt application framework used to build DS). The Publlic Build should allow you to turn WASD Viewport navigation off (shift K).

Unfortunately, Shift + K Doesn't seem to stop any keyboard movement (WASD or otherwise). sad

Post edited by Wicked Whomp on
  • mclaugh said:

The issue is the camera view. For whatever reason, it doesn't track the changes, because when the camera moves in this fashion, the camera moves in the viewport (meaning the view shifts) but the position parameters for the camera itself do not change, else I'd simply copy down the parameter values and copy-paste them if need be, or even lock them as you suggested. What's worse, undo function doesn't undo any of these sorts of camera movement either, so reloading seems to be the only option. And yes, I've used a duplicate camera in the fashion that you mention, however it gets tedious, and is often slower than reloading when switching between the two, deleting the old and then having to create another duplicate each time something goes wrong.

This happens if viewport navigation is enabled (and there's a bug in 4.12.1.117 that keeps it on even if it's off) and focus has been lost by the filter text box (easy to do as if the mouse moves over a control and causes it to highlight the focus shifts - this is apparently an issue with the Qt application framework used to build DS). The Publlic Build should allow you to turn WASD Viewport navigation off (shift K).

Unfortunately, Shift + K Doesn't seem to stop any keyboard movement (WASD or otherwise). sad

In the beta? As I said, it's not working in the current general release version.

• Wicked WhompWicked Whomp Posts: 214

In the beta? As I said, it's not working in the current general release version.

Oh, my mistake! I read your initial reply entirely wrong, I thought you had meant the bug was in the beta, not the other way around. I'll try that later tonight. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks again!

• This is still happening in 2021... VERY ANNOYING!

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Anthony_Christian said:

This is still happening in 2021... VERY ANNOYING!

As Richard said, it's a bug in the Qt framework. They're overhauling that for Daz Studio 5, so it hopefully won't happen for much longer.