Well this is weird - Phantom Hair Issue - Solved

Amy_BoneAmy_Bone Posts: 45

I have a scene which has a mesh smoother process stuck at 0%.  It doesn't stop anything until I try to render the image.  I loaded Bonnie hair into the scene and it loads as Bonnie Hair (2).  I have been through the whole scene and each figure with a fine toothcomb and there is no other instance of Bonnie hair present.  Is there anyway to kill this background process or is the scene FUBAR?.  I've tried shutting down and reloading the scene but that didn't help.

Post edited by Amy_Bone on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

In the context menu for the Scene pane (icon in the upper right corner of 4 lines with an arrow pointing to the top one) tick "Show Hidden Nodes"

• Amy_BoneAmy_Bone Posts: 45

In the context menu for the Scene pane (icon in the upper right corner of 4 lines with an arrow pointing to the top one) tick "Show Hidden Nodes"

Thanks.  Whilst that action didn't reveal anything it did, however, allow me to find the "sort" function which I was unaware existed.  This allowed me to find the miscreant which I had missed.  The hair was buried in a character's eyelashes. No wonder if wasn't mesh smoothing properly.  We learn by our mistakes, assuming we don't give ourselves an aneurism in the process. :D