AFTER TRYING SEVERAL TIMES FOR TECH SUPPORT

I had Daz3d for years on Windows 7 and it worked fine. Then the drive died and I had to reinstall on a new drive with Windows 10. To my surprise the Daz splash screen works, but after installing files the logo just sits there in the taskbar. Nothing else happens. I've contacted tech support several times, not a single responce. So finally after uninstall and reinstall three times, same results, I give up. I took all of Daz out and I'm going to use Blender. Shame, Daz was a good product, gonna' miss it.

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I've been on Windows 10 since before I started using Daz Studio, even reinstalled everything not that long ago. I've not been having any issues.

Have you checked to see if any log files have been created for DS and if so, have you taken a look inside?

Where did you install DS (drive and directory)? Maybe it's a permissions issue with a file DS needs to create or use?

What about Anti-Vireus, it could be interfering with DS...

Just a few off the top of my head.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Are you installing through DIM?

• I suspect this is a folder permissions issue, especially if your data folders are still in place on another drive or you have restored them from a back-up. I had to use the Take Ownership registry tweak on several folders to get DS working with my transferred drives and database on this machine.

• Can you right-click it and select close to close it out normally?

It is possible that it has just appeared off screen, particularly if you have multiple monitors and shuffled them around. I've had this happen. The way to get around this is to hold Shift, right-click on the taskbar icon, and select Move. If it is off screen the crosshair mouse pointer will jump to the edge of the screen closest to where the application is. Use the left / right arrow keys to move it towards the currently active monitor. Note that if you have Restore but Move is greyed out then it is currently Maximized. You'll need to click Restore then repeat and move the form onto the screen with the arrow keys.

• Gentle_dragonGentle_dragon Posts: 14
    edited June 2020

Yes I can right click on the icon and close it, yes I have multiple screens and it wasn't on any of them. Daz was installed on a clean drive 14tb large. I did save all my saved files on a different drive before the last one died, but that shouldn't have affected Daz. My rig is a Dell Alienware with i7 processors, 64gigs ram and dual 1080 Ti video cards.  All the same things when I had Windows 7 and Daz ran just fine, I just upgraded to Windows 10.  I installed DAZStudio_4.12.1.117_Win64 is this the problem?  Rick

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

You could always go to cortana's search box and type reliability, then click on the view reliability history option that pops up. You can then click on a time when you tried Daz Studio and see what errors windows reported.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 194

I recently had to reinstall DAZ on my Windows 10 PC. After a couple failed reinstall efforts, I found a few residual folders from the initial installation that Windows Uninstall missed. After clearing those, DAZ reinstalled successfully.