come on Bluebird 3d, make it for poser

estheresther Posts: 610
edited October 2014 in Product Suggestions

I like the look of your hotel. But i am mainly a poser user.
Thanks,
Love esther

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    I like the look of your hotel. But i am mainly a poser user.
    Thanks,
    Love esther

Hi Esther!

Thanks for reaching out. I am glad you like my set. :)

In my early days as a PA and up through until late last year I did work to support both DAZ Studio and Poser with my environment sets. The production time to support Poser for these types of products is -extensive-. The reason I stopped was because Studio got so good and it became so easy for me to build in that I found myself unable to justify the added time and frustration to continue supporting Poser.

This became particularly clear when I compared my sales numbers. I saw no loss of sales when I released for Studio only. In addition, I've also seen that the more popular the Genesis and Genesis 2 figures get, the more my Studio environments sell. Numbers talk. :) If the Poser profit becomes worth the effort again, I will be happy to give it another go.

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to share my experience.

Have a great weekend!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,200
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry to hear that. I like your models also, but I generally only use Poser formats (Carrara 8.1 Pro).

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Guess I have been spoiled.... always assumed environment props included Poser materials... I guess the shoe is on the other foot now... this is how the DAZ folks feel when there are Poser only materials at other stores. Maybe pick this up in a future flash sale.

• Heronerd13Heronerd13 Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

I am also a poser user and ive noticed a trend lately on daz that many creators have stopped making products poser compatible. 4-5 products in the past week or so would have definitely been purchased by me including your most recent release. Instead i have purchased nothing at all in that time frame. Its the main reason im no longer a platinum member as well. I would be saving nearly no money on products because none are being released that meet my needs. I was spending around $150 monthly. In the past two months together, probably not even half that amount. Oh well if creators are not seeing a decline in sales I suppose its just time for me to move on. I hate change. Long live V4!

Post edited by Heronerd13 on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Not all PAs make DS-only products. I continue to make all my products for both DS and Poser, and they're compatible with DS 3 and later / Poser 6 and later.

mac

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

I am also a poser user and ive noticed a trend lately on daz that many creators have stopped making products poser compatible. 4-5 products in the past week or so would have definitely been purchased by me including your most recent release. Instead i have purchased nothing at all in that time frame. Its the main reason im no longer a platinum member as well. I would be saving nearly no money on products because none are being released that meet my needs. I was spending around $150 monthly. In the past two months together, probably not even half that amount. Oh well if creators are not seeing a decline in sales I suppose its just time for me to move on. I hate change. Long live V4!

I think the platinum club still requires environment sets and props to be compatible with both Poser and Studio. It was a requirement when I released with them.

~Bluebird

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    Not all PAs make DS-only products. I continue to make all my products for both DS and Poser, and they're compatible with DS 3 and later / Poser 6 and later.

mac

And I very much appreciate that!

Thanks!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,200
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    maclean said:

mac

And I very much appreciate that!

Thanks!

So do I, as you might guess from my collection of your products. The various "Interiors" are some of my favorite props.

This discussion has been closed.