Some of my Installed Items in DIM greyed out?

What does it mean if some of my installed items in DIM are greyed out? (Many of which are the items from my earliest months with Daz Studio.)

I will note that I have several hundred items in Smart Content that always show up in "Lost & Found" (and have always done so since I began with DS) so I have long suspected some kind of metadata issue. Possibly some were accidently installed via Daz Connect before I really knew what I was doing, but I have cleaned out the Daz Connect folders since then.

Should I "reinstall" all of the greyed out items in DIM?

Or is there some way to just force the metadata to update without reinstalling?

I do have I think all of the older installation ZIPs from DIM installs archived on a portable hard drive that I could hook up if needed.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Inside DS, Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata

Inside DIM, select one or more items (or all of them), right-click > Re-Import metadata > All selected items.

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182
    edited June 2020

Inside DS, Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata

Inside DIM, select one or more items (or all of them), right-click > Re-Import metadata > All selected items.

Thank you for the tips, but apparently this is not my problem as I still have installed items greyed out in DIM and when I started DS it logged in and updated the metadata for all 2700+ items, However I still have 471 products in "Lost & Found." And many are modern items such as the character Stephanie 8 that should have metadata for Smart Content.

I suppose someday I'll have to wipe the database and uninstall Daz Studio and start over again from scratch to really clear this up. 500+ GB of install ZIPs to re-install...

But for now at least I'm no worse off than I've always been, although I'll have to go back to manually categorizing all the Lost & Found. It's a slow process...

Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • I think that the items in DIM are hidden, and you have Show Hidden checked. If so you should be able to drop them by unchecking that option, or unhide them from the right-click menu.