Problems with bending (and tentacles)

I have no idea what is causing this, but it's getting kind of annoying. 

I am finding that certain figures (a tentacle kit I bought) are working just fine when loaded, posed and the rest, but the moment I re-load it to work on it some more, I find that each segment has stretched from it's zeroed position to where it is. Screenshots attached.

Not sure if it's related, but some other free figures have stopped loading. They have texture and all that. but are totally invisible.

Screenshot 2020-06-16 19.52.54.png
1513 x 1080 - 890K

Comments

• ac_mr_blondeac_mr_blonde Posts: 100

You may want to check to see if they are colliding improperly.  I've seen meshes deform like that (fine until you unload and reload) when they are set to collide with themselves (which can happen if the object they are supposed to collide with is deleted, as if the scene doesn't save the collision target correctly).

• edited June 2020

You may want to check to see if they are colliding improperly.  I've seen meshes deform like that (fine until you unload and reload) when they are set to collide with themselves (which can happen if the object they are supposed to collide with is deleted, as if the scene doesn't save the collision target correctly).

Is that to do with Dforce? I am not using any of that in the scene here and I'm pretty sure this isn't rigged for that kind of thing... but could explain why it worked without any problem until Dynamic cloth was replaced.

Can you elaborate on how I check this?

UPDATE: Fiddling with things, I found a partial workaround. Update asset(s) from import source(s) seems to remove nearly all of the demented stretching... Still got a few vertexes and the bounding box clearly is for the stretched segments... but it might get me through a render or two if I can fix these verteciese.

Post edited by zededd2000_ec5053ff19 on