Scene Tools Set 3 - Pose Symmetry Scripts not functioning.

I purchased,
Daz Studio 4 Scene Tools Set 3 - Pose Symmetry
https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-scene-tools-set-3--pose-symmetry

Tonight, and it simply does not work, When I select a figure and try to run any of the mirroring scripts I get this error. ...

Failed to load script: C:/Users/BB/Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/my IM library/Scripts/3D Universe/Scene Tools 3 - Flip Figure Pose.dse
OpenGL error while drawing to the viewport: invalid value

There is no mention of any required product or DAZ edition other than DAZ 4.* on the products page. So I am hoping the Vendor 3D Universe; might see this, and if not someone who has familiarity with the product might give me some guidance on the figurers or editions this product works on. Or whether or not this set requires the other two sets to be loaded to work.

I tried to open some of the scripts in notepad to see if I could get save information; but there is virtually nothing in the file at this not encrypted.

Any help would be appreciated. BB.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

What version of DS are you using?  Is it the General Release or Public Beta?

• Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61 Posts: 300

General Release of 4.7; but this seemed to be a pretty old script. So I did not expect problems that way.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

It was released Dec 2019 so it probably requires a newer version

• Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61 Posts: 300

Cool Thanks Mike, sorry for the delayed reply, been living at work.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 561

I have 4.14 installed and this still doesn't work. Click the tool, get an error. 

• weird-grafxweird-grafx Posts: 44
    edited January 2021

I got similar problem with the product.The mirror funtions are not working always in my case. Using it on a simple Character with no clothes and not located in a group works.
    The more "complicated" (like the character is parented to a group) the higher the chance for the script to fail. I get different error messages: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/458811/scene-tools-3-mirror-script-error#latest

Being a sofware developer myself I understand that bugs can happen. But I tried everything to address this problem to Daz and to the Vendor itself.

3D Universe has a website where they share an email address: https://www.3duniverse.co.za
    and and Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/3DUniverse/

I wrote them an email and sent comments on their Facebook Page. No response.
    I Created a ticket in the DAZ Support. No response.

First and last time I buy a product from this vendor.

Post edited by weird-grafx on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

They're on holiday right now and should be back to work soon.

• I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info.

Stefan

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90
    edited February 2021

Any update on this? I just noticed the product is not working at all, some kind of script error when I try to use it.

2021-02-01 01:36:59.786 Loading script: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/3d universe/scene tools 3 - flip core pose.dse2021-02-01 01:37:00.489 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2582021-02-01 01:37:00.489 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'aBoneNodes[i]' [undefined] is not an object.2021-02-01 01:37:00.489 WARNING: Stack Trace:	<anonymous>()@D:/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/3d universe/scene tools 3 - flip core pose.dse:2582021-02-01 01:37:00.521 Error in script execution: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/3d universe/scene tools 3 - flip core pose.dse

Tried installing via Smart Content and through the Install Manager, but it didn't really make a difference.

Post edited by Rakete on
  • 3D Universe fixed the bug. a few days agor. It could take some time until it will get updated on the DAZ Store I think.

You can try to get in contact with one of the developers. Have a look at this thread for more info: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/458811/scene-tools-3-mirror-script-error#latest 

• Just in case someone else runs into this issue, the addons working fine as of 10/6/22.

I did notice the problem in a workflow, it comes from messing with the bone hiarchy i think.

I parented a hair directly to the head and then the addon broke. I think that you have to try and make sure that objects arent parented directly to bones when using it.

You know when you select a character and autofit an item? That works best from what ive seen, regardless of grouping.

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90
    edited October 2022

No, this is not working correctly. I can basicly never use this. It has something to do with having certain followers on the figure, for example the Face Controls from 8.1, or maybe it is because I added custom bones to my figure. Either way, the error I posted above still happens almost always for me.

EDIT: Alright, there is something wrong with my installation actually, I have it installed via DIM and Smart Content it seems.

EDIT2: Ok, false alarm, it works now.

Post edited by Rakete on