Smart Content corruption -- GC Statue?

Something seems to have happened to my CMS. When I load a Genesis 8 Female figure and switch to Smart Content, the menu in the top left corner of the Smart Content pane doesn't display the expected 'Female' (with a pull-down list of G8F figures). Instead, it reads 'GC Statue'. Moreover, instead of displaying all content related to Genesis 8 Female (I have 'Filter by Context' checked), it displays a limited set of unrelated content items.

My guess is that the CMS is organized by product ID and that somehow there's a clash between the ID for this 'GC Statue' -- whatever that is -- and 'Genesis 8 Female' that has caused 'GC Statue' to overwrite the root of the content hierarchy for 'Genesis 8 Female'. I've seen something similar happen once before when I used RiverSoft's Content Wizard to import products from Renderosity. However, as far as I can remember, I haven't imported anything that way recently.

Is there an easy way to restore things to the way they should be? I'm currently trying to reimport all the metadata for installed content in DIM (which is taking a loooooooong time because I spend far too much money at DAZ), but if that doesn't work then I may be forced to restore an earlier version of the CMS database from backup.

And does anyone know what 'GC Statue' might be? No amount of searching has turned up a product named anything like that anywhere in my product libraries.

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

Panic over: reimporting metadata in DAZ Install Manager took care of the problem.

As you were.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Panic over: reimporting metadata in DAZ Install Manager took care of the problem.

As you were.

I know I can go look, but I am in the middle of something in DS at teh moment - how would one go about JUST reimporting metadata in DIM?

To reimport metadata

1. Launch DIM
    2. Switch to Installed tab
    3. Select the products whose metadata you want to reimport
    4. Right-click/ctrl-click on any product
    5. Choose 'Re-Import Metadata->All Selected' from the pop-up menu that appears.
    6. Wait

It took a while on my system, because I was reimporting a large number of products, but it actually went faster than I expected.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

To reimport metadata

1. Launch DIM
    2. Switch to Installed tab
    3. Select the products whose metadata you want to reimport
    4. Right-click/ctrl-click on any product
    5. Choose 'Re-Import Metadata->All Selected' from the pop-up menu that appears.
    6. Wait

It took a while on my system, because I was reimporting a large number of products, but it actually went faster than I expected.

Ok, that's damned useful, thank you!

OK, having said that I'd solved the problem, it's just become unsolved again.

This time, instead of "GC Statue", it has "Female 1" where "Female" should be.

Is there a way to reset/rebuild the CMS, or -- better -- to identify which products are conflicting and causing the Smart Content filtering to break?