Genesis 8 Eyelashes Default Length

I just wanted to check what the correct default settings are for the G8 (male and female) eyelashes. When I load the base G8s, or even the G8 Dev Load figure which loads without eyelashes, the Eyelashes Upper Length, Lower Length and Eyelashes Curl morphs are all at 100%. I was wondering if that's right, or if something has caused them to be set that way.

The reason I ask is because when viewed slightly turned to one side, the lashes just seemed to be too long - considering that some characters have morphs to make them even longer.

There's nothing suspicious turned on under "currently used" or "hidden". I don't want to spend ages trying to figure out what might be wrong if the default values are actually correct, and I just never really noticed before how long the lashes are. To be fair, I don't do very many close ups, so I could have simply not noticed for the past 3 years...

Comments

• The three always load at 100% for me.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,229
    edited June 2020

I have had a couple of renders recently - scenes that I put together - where IIRC, G8 eyelashes did not pick up the transparency map and textures, and came up as little opaque dinner plates.

Possibly easy to fix by just blanking them out, but in one scene using G8M the eyelashes were not listed in the scene pane.

????

It may have something to do with my using a clay shader on the figure (to make something like Burne Hogarth's Drawing The Human Head) but still... I would have liked to be able to blank them out.

burne_hogarth.jpg
    403 x 521 - 51K
    Post edited by Roman_K2 on
  • RikGGRikGG Posts: 20

1+ years later. Do you still need help on this?

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515

I do. Can anyone confirm Eyelashes Upper Length, Lower Length and Eyelashes Curl morphs should be at 100% when loading default Genesis 8 Female? Just checking cause I got a character to share.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

DigiDotz said:

I do. Can anyone confirm Eyelashes Upper Length, Lower Length and Eyelashes Curl morphs should be at 100% when loading default Genesis 8 Female? Just checking cause I got a character to share.

I sure hope you mean character PRESET since you can't actually share a character.

Just loaded GF8 and all 3 are at 100% for me.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515

Yes, a character preset laugh

Ah ok, thanks for checking!

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

This is normal, the default mesh shape for the lashes results in shorter lashes with much less of a curl to them.

What you have is six morphs, three in the base figure and three in the lash geograft, the three in the base figure are "empty" morphs and are there to act as "control" dials for the three in the geograft.

Inside the figures DUF file are three small bits of code, they tell DS to  load the three "empty" morphs into the figure and to set them at 100%. They have the exact same asset ID as the three actual morphs in the geograft, which means that when the geograft is fitted to the figure, it's three morphs are "forced" to 100% as well.