New hair not showing up

gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

Hi all. So I just purchased the latest probundle and the dForce EXzela Long Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s) that comes with it does not show up on iRay preview. In fact, when I click on the hair, the option(s) on Smart content are missing. You know how the materials with different color/styles show up when you click hair or clothes, its not. So no iRay preview, and nothing on smart content. All other items from the Angharad pro bundle show up and work just fine.

Its this hair in case anyone is wondering:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-exzela-long-hair-for-genesis-8-females

Edit: I've attached a picture to show you what I mean when I say, its not showing up on smart content. The hair itself does show when I want to add it to a scene or a gen8 figure, then the materials option and all other stuff is missing. Also, it shows up in Texture preview but not iRay.

Not showing up.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 343K
Post edited by gsil247 on

Comments

• What mode is the Iray preview using, shown in Draw Settings while it is on?

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221
    edited June 2020

What mode is the Iray preview using, shown in Draw Settings while it is on?

Photoreal under "Draw Mode." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling using Daz's install manager. I also tried all other options in "Draw Mode." Nothing. 

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221
    edited June 2020

Same thing on my desktop computer. I've tried playing with all the setting that I could possible change. At this point, I'm just about ready to give up. 

• The Smart Content will be down to the way the compatibility is set (or not set) on the materials etc.

• hubermp00hubermp00 Posts: 0

If somebody still has this problem, I found out how to make the hair appear in viewport.
    In the product view, Exzela/materials/iray, there is a property called "viewport on". You have to click this for the Hair to appear in the render-view.
    And this property is only in "/iray" and non of its sub-menues. I have no idea why that is, and it is confusing me a lot.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

This is stupid having to make the hair appear, this is just crap the developers have done to make life a hassle, why not just have it as a right click feature on the drop down menu. Where the hell is Exzela/materials/iray ? i can't find this setting. is it just me or have you hidden this feature just so i refund the product because it's pissing me right off! 3 or four items i have bought do this!

Make this setting easier to use please, allow me to right click on the hair and set it on or off for iray if thats the case, don't make the hair vanish so the person has to find out how to show the damn thing, be fair huh don't program in dumb shit like this!