All smart content grayed out, has to be reloaded

I moved all my content to my external "E" drive and everything was working fine, or as fine as Daz gets on a good day. Then "Daz Central" came online. Now I have to load my products twice. First through Daz Install Manager, then through the Smart Content pane. This was a minor annoyance, but then I took my E drive with me to work on content on my laptop. When I plugged it back into my desktop.....All 509 products need to be reloaded. This will take three days. 

What the Hell is going on? Why do I have to load evrything twice? 

Please, any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Post edited by joemiceli_af4eae92e1 on

Comments

• Are the paths for your installed content still set correctly in DS?

• edited June 2020

I have checked and rechecked the paths. They are correct. I meticulously followed the instructions here....https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/338321/how-do-i-move-my-content-to-another-drive

I think I might know what it is now. I'm getting the dreaded "PostgreSQL errror" when Daz starts up. In desperation to fix the damn render default to CPU, I downloaded the public beta of 4.12. Now the regular is released and I think my computer has dueling PostreSQL files. 

So.....Install manager is showing I have 509 items installed. It knows the items are there. I believe "PostgreSQL" has something to do with finding and sorting these files. Fair enough. So ......

In install Managr, I show "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit) Public Build +Beta+ " ready to download. So I install it. Immediately upon doing so, a copy of "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit) shows up as ready to download. SO I install that. Then Postgre SQL CMS win64-bit) Public build +beta+ appears in my Install Manager que....rince repeat.  

I have no idea how to fix this. I am so far out of my depth I need a submarine. 

Post edited by joemiceli_af4eae92e1 on
  • Installing a second version of PostgreSQL will uninstall the existing one - go back to the original as that was, at one stage, working.

If, in DS, you go to Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings are there values set?