Animation....Where to start ?

Hello

I want to start learning how to make animations with DAZ , any tips on where I should start ?  I am looking for a good tutorial, paid or free doesnt matter.

Thanks

Comments

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287

It's a bit of a tough question... There seem to be comparatively few DAZ Studio users who do animations (like I said, comparatively). I'm sure there's plenty, but there's also several ways to go about animating, each conceivably needing something or another that you have to buy to make it happen in DAZ Studio.

Not sure if you've already looked into it and just hadn't found any "good" tutorials, but one thing you might try while waiting for anyone with particular experience in particular methods, is checking out the titles of some of the more recent tutorial videos on the DAZ 3D YouTube Channel, just to start to get an idea of what the different methods are so you'll either already have an idea what others who may respond are talking about, or even get an idea ahead of time which methods may seem more interesting to you so you'll know what to research further...

https://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3DCOM

I personally only have limited experience with any of the methods or I'd try to help further myself...

• It's a bit of a tough question... There seem to be comparatively few DAZ Studio users who do animations (like I said, comparatively). I'm sure there's plenty, but there's also several ways to go about animating, each conceivably needing something or another that you have to buy to make it happen in DAZ Studio.

Not sure if you've already looked into it and just hadn't found any "good" tutorials, but one thing you might try while waiting for anyone with particular experience in particular methods, is checking out the titles of some of the more recent tutorial videos on the DAZ 3D YouTube Channel, just to start to get an idea of what the different methods are so you'll either already have an idea what others who may respond are talking about, or even get an idea ahead of time which methods may seem more interesting to you so you'll know what to research further...

https://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3DCOM

I personally only have limited experience with any of the methods or I'd try to help further myself...

This is exactly what I dont like about DAZ, huge lack of quality ''How to'' videos.  Thanks for your reply I will definitely check out the link still.

• This is the obligatory "are you sure you want to do this in Daz Studio?" comment.

We are really getting to the point where it is easier to get your content into Blender and animate it there using world class animation tools, than to try to animate in Daz Studio. If you are doing something non-trivial, Blender will make your life a lot easier.

There is certainly no shortage of tutorials on how to do character animation in Blender, even a number of Udemy courses.