How to turn snap off?

I have placed a fireplace in my scene and instead of XYZ translate it has snap XYZ.

How do I shut off snap so I can move this object manually?

Comments

• How are you moving it?

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
    edited June 2020

When I add the object, I select it by clicking on it with the translate move tool. When I drag the translate vertex handles it snaps a certain distance and the same thing happens when I drag the XYZ  translate in the parameters tab.

Instead of move parameters it has snap parameters in the parameters tab.

These props came with a set that has snap features to help parts more easily align with one another.

Would like to freely move them around.

Post edited by RexRed on
  • Which set is it?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

If I may jump in...

Sounds like M.I.C.K. or something similar. In M.I.C.K. there is a controller added to the basic translate and rotate to move standard increments. The regular X, Y, Z Translate controls are simply hidden, so right-click on the Parameters Tab -> Show Hidden Properties. All the hidden properties will then be visible, with a dimmed title, but they are functional. You can unhide them while working and hide the rest to reduce clutter. You might need to use the override option on the controller if it won't stay in place (it's one of the icons that appears on the far right side of the dial when you hover the mouse over one.)

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
    edited June 2020

Oooo, thanks that is great info NorthOf45! And thanks for the help Richard, you are all awesome! Best to you both!!!

Post edited by RexRed on
  • Ah, I havee most of those but hadn't used them recently. Sorry for being slow on the uptake.