Morph Loader Pro issues

So, is morph loader supposed to do something to the neck? Exported the base character out and imported it back as a morph. Everything looks fine until on closer inspection the neck looks slightly thinner. Both the characters current mesh resolution is set to Base too.

Also noticed a lot of discrepencies in the measurement (measured using measure metrics) of the body, even at delta tolerance at 0 (yeah, I also did it at 0.001 too, and at tolerance 1, only the lower part of the body was affected somehow, the upper was unchanged), regardless of what I chose it would loose slight measurements in all of the body parts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ng0Va9JaVVsleeJmTm_rik-FAZUTjQzG/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by peteanderson1212 on

Comments

• Are you sure no morphs were appied when you exported the figure?

• peteanderson1212peteanderson1212 Posts: 75
    edited June 2020

Are you sure no morphs were appied when you exported the figure?

Pretty damn sure. Clicked on Genesis 8 Male Dev load and exported it with the Esport Base Resolution Obj. Loaded another Dev figure and loaded the obj as morph. Applied the morph. Zoomed in on the neck and that's all. That happens. Hopefully this doesn't happen to any other part of the figure. Just now redid the steps with the normal figure and it sure happens again. 

I haven't touched any morphs myself, whether it's some other morph being applied automatically, I can't say. Although it shouldn't be. Nothing shows up in the currently used tab except the eyelashes base morphs. That's about it. If there's any hidden morph at play, I can't say. I'll take a look. 

Post edited by peteanderson1212 on
  • Richard Haseltine Any remarks? Or should I report it up as a bug?

• Sorry, I haven't had a chance to experiment - the devbuild certainly should eb zeroed. Have you tried importing with Reverse Deformations on?

• I see. That made it work fine. Should I leave preserve existing deltas as Yes or No?

Also, regarding this, "Also noticed a lot of discrepencies in the measurement" is there something I can do, or that is just how morph loader works? (Both the figures are on mesh res, so I thought there shouldn't be a difference)

• I didn't understand the bit about measurements.

The preserve existing deltas is an option that matters only if you are overwriting an existing morph with a new one of the same name.

• I see. And about the measurements. I am using measure metrics to measure them up. Let's say I after I load the character, when I apply the morph measure metrics do not report the same values as of the original figure at the time of export (the measurements were checked in base resolution to keep it consistent, since changing resoltuon already has some effect on it, really minimal/minute)

• That is allll very odd

• Ah, so you find it odd too? I mean, the differences aren't all that huge, it's really negligible. But almost all of the values are different, leave for a few one or two which are same. Again, I am not sure if that's how morph loader is supposed to work or not, but taking in your reaction I'll guess maybe not. Hmm, I see. Maybe it's just measure metrics only. Discrepancies arise more when MM's own T pose is set to the character. While in A pose, the number of nodes/points measured reduced quite a lot and the difference between the values was really minute. Unlike before. The neck (neck circumference) still seemed to be the worst yet still somehow. There's about .15 cm or 15 mm of a difference (whereas others are in the range of 1mm to 5mm in T pose, and in 1mm to 2mm in A pose) between the original and the morphed as per measure metrics. Reverse Deformations helped a lot but didn't fix the entire thing.