OBJ File bodysuit convert to Genesis 3 or 8 Clothing

Hi,

I hope you can help me.
I have an obj file which should represent a bodysuit (without arms and legs) and would like to use it as clothing for Genesis 3 or 8 female.

How do I do it exactly? Has any of you ever done this? On the Internet, I have only found posts that deal with clothing for other versions, i.e. from Gen3 to Gen8 etc.

Thanks and regards,
Michael

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Generally you can rig a clothing item, by using transfer rigging.

But you will have to specify the refence which should be G3F or G8F, and in order to work the item has to be modelled towards the base character

• M_FindtM_Findt Posts: 29
    felis said:

Generally you can rig a clothing item, by using transfer rigging.

But you will have to specify the refence which should be G3F or G8F, and in order to work the item has to be modelled towards the base character

Thank you.

Is there a manual or video to lern it Available?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,528

Does the transfer utility work with models like V3 & V4? (not on my computer with DS at the moment or I'd try it)

thank you so much!

I will try my best.

• The general principles are the same whichever Genesis it is for. The first question is does it fit any of the figures as loaded?

The general principles are the same whichever Genesis it is for. The first question is does it fit any of the figures as loaded?

Hey Richard,

no it is only a prop and is not fitting to any Figure out of the box.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205
    M_Findt said:

The general principles are the same whichever Genesis it is for. The first question is does it fit any of the figures as loaded?

Hey Richard,

Then I would suggest taking it into a modelling program and adjust to fit, before trying to do any rigging.

The rigging will add bones and weight maps based on the base character and if it doesn't fit it will be a mess.

• M_Findt said:

Hey Richard,

I know you can't use Fit to on it, I meant does it line up with the figure you want to use it on?

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited June 2020

Transfer Utility is enough to assign any OBJ to a figure.

Adjust the pose until the outfit pose matches to the Genesis 8 default pose, export this outfit and import the new OBJ, convert it to G8 again.

You may need to adjust some surfaces by changing the bones with the Geometry tool (For example the transition hip / legs ).

You can use Smooth Modifier (Collision iterations) and dForce to fit the surface to the figure.

I don't know if it's a good method but I was able to do what I wanted.

For example: Genesis 8 Males wearing Mass Effect 3 uniform

Post edited by Noah LGP on