Frontier Outpost bought but not installable

XanathonXanathon Posts: 86

I just bought Stonemasons Frontier Outpost (and added a free one with the coupon).

The free one appeared in my content, the Frontier Outpost did not.

I already filed a ticket, but for the last one DAZ took nearly seven weeks to answer ...

And again they are forcing a new buggy software on the users, since the new content only is downloadable through DAZ Central.

But what does DAZ care? they have my money and obviously anyway see no obligation to deliver the content bought or see that it works.

Post edited by Xanathon on

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,402

if you go to your order history, you can dowload it manually and then drag files to your content library: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

I have the same question. I bought Frontier Outpost but it can't be installed with Install Manager (which I hope hope hope is not going away)

edited June 2020

i thought they said we could use both DIM and the new content installer (Daz Central).  I havent downloaded the new one yet because people said it was buggy.

Post edited by lilweep on
    edited June 2020

Stonemason replied in another thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/413881/frontier-outpost-dazcentral-only

Seems this is a issue with product at the moment.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

Thanks.... I'll wait for the fix

• kentphotokentphoto Posts: 81

ok...glad Im not the only one with this problem...and sure there are many others waiting for "the fix".    Should check it out before releasing?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

DAZ Central isn't being forced on anyone. This is just a distribution screwup and it will be fixed before the day is out. It will be in your Catalog and available once the issue is fixed. DAZ does care about the customers. 

Xanathon said:

I just bought Stonemasons Frontier Outpost (and added a free one with the coupon).

I already filed a ticket, but for the last one DAZ took nearly seven weeks to answer ...

And again they are forcing a new buggy software on the users, since the new content only is downloadable through DAZ Central.

But what does DAZ care? they have my money and obviously anyway see no obligation to deliver the content bought or see that it works.

• TijnzTijnz Posts: 6

I should have checked the forums first, but I also filed a report.

Funny thing tho, content states it is only available through daz central, but the mandatory supportticket-form has no drop down selection for Daz Central

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Funny thing tho, content states it is only available through daz central, but the mandatory supportticket-form has no drop down selection for Daz Central

Did you check under sales or under Tech Support?   it does show under Tech Support.

Chohole said:

Did you check under sales or under Tech Support?   it does show under Tech Support.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    And then at application (mandatory field to select). There is Daz Studio all versions and Dazinstallmanager

Since ithought it was just an issue with Daz Central, I wanted to pick that. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    fastbike1 said:

DAZ Central isn't being forced on anyone. This is just a distribution screwup and it will be fixed before the day is out. It will be in your Catalog and available once the issue is fixed. DAZ does care about the customers. 

Xanathon said:

Do you know this for certain, have you actually got that from someone who works for Daz or is it speculation?

According to support this will be solved within 1-2 hours (starting from 35 minutes ago  10:16:17 AM MDT / 18:16 CET)
    Doesn't show up for me yet tho

• scorpio said:
    fastbike1 said:

Xanathon said:

Do you know this for certain, have you actually got that from someone who works for Daz or is it speculation?

Daz_Rawb posted that this Daz Central was not a replacement for DM in the original thread, and he has repeated that (and that anything available through Daz Central will be available through DIM since they are the same core) today in one of the discussions about the application or the Frontier Outpost product.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    scorpio said:
    fastbike1 said:

Xanathon said:

Daz_Rawb posted that this Daz Central was not a replacement for DM in the original thread, and he has repeated that (and that anything available through Daz Central will be available through DIM since they are the same core) today in one of the discussions about the application or the Frontier Outpost product.

And he just posted that it was fixed (you may need to wait a bit for cloudflare propagation though)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5712011/#Comment_5712011

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Yes, as could anyone who actuallt reads the forums. Especially about new releases the core software. 

scorpio said:
    fastbike1 said:

Xanathon said: