Make a property have yes/no value instead of a numeric value

I thought would be able to google it, but not having much luck. I've seen that some property controllers in Daz has a "Yes/No" (true/false) value. How does one create that/set that when they are creating or editing a property? 

I have a flag I'm trying to set to turn on/off a set of helper JCM's. Instead of having the user dial it, I want them to be able to click either "Yes" or "No" and No = 0 and Yes = 100

Help please?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,902

Just spent a little time messing around with it, and what you can do is set sensitivity to 1, which will make the plus and minus buttons go straight between 0 and 1. I didn't find a way to turn it into a toggle, but there might be one.

• Gordig said:

Just spent a little time messing around with it, and what you can do is set sensitivity to 1, which will make the plus and minus buttons go straight between 0 and 1. I didn't find a way to turn it into a toggle, but there might be one.

Thanks, that's the same thing I'm doing right now as a placeholder. I wouldn't even think it's possible to do, except I have Body Shape Enhancer by Zev0 and it has it. Looking at it in Properties is not showing me any clues :-/

Zev0 On-Off.png
    275 x 312 - 21K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

When creating a new property, set the type to Boolean (very top of the dialog). I don't believe you can change it once it has been defined. If you look at the Property Hierarchy tab, you can see what it controls and set one up in a similar way (the infamous ERC freeze, sub-components, 1st Stage, 2nd Stage...). This is getting away from my know-how, but it should get you started.

• NorthOf45 said:

When creating a new property, set the type to Boolean (very top of the dialog). I don't believe you can change it once it has been defined. If you look at the Property Hierarchy tab, you can see what it controls and set one up in a similar way (the infamous ERC freeze, sub-components, 1st Stage, 2nd Stage...). This is getting away from my know-how, but it should get you started.

Ah, sweet! I see it now. Thank you very much :D

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

First of all, for whatever parameter you're using, you need to set it to either the value you want (Es Xtrans 20, Yrot 50, etc), or if it's a morph,100%. Then go to ERC Freeze (Edit Mode> ERC Freeze), Create New> Property Type: Bool. DAZ QA advise PAs to fill in the Name/Label with CTRLsomething to differentiate it from any other morphs in the data folder - like 'CTRLMyBoolean'. Set any other fields you need to, Ok it, then Ok the main dialog and you'll see your property already set to On. Off = 0% On =100%

Once you've created the boolean, you MUST resave the item as a Figure/Prop asset or the new property won't be there when you reload it. (The Name/Label 'CTRLMyBoolean' will appear as a file in data/item/morphs).

• maclean said:

First of all, for whatever parameter you're using, you need to set it to either the value you want (Es Xtrans 20, Yrot 50, etc), or if it's a morph,100%. Then go to ERC Freeze (Edit Mode> ERC Freeze), Create New> Property Type: Bool. DAZ QA advise PAs to fill in the Name/Label with CTRLsomething to differentiate it from any other morphs in the data folder - like 'CTRLMyBoolean'. Set any other fields you need to, Ok it, then Ok the main dialog and you'll see your property already set to On. Off = 0% On =100%

Once you've created the boolean, you MUST resave the item as a Figure/Prop asset or the new property won't be there when you reload it. (The Name/Label 'CTRLMyBoolean' will appear as a file in data/item/morphs).

Thanks, Maclean. That part I already knew. It was trying to figure out how to show a button to the end user that was easier to understand because the property only had two value, 0 or 100 :-)