Install Manager for PoserPro2012? SOLVED!!!!!

squirtsquirt Posts: 152
edited May 2014 in Poser Discussion

Hello all;

My Hard Drive died and now I have to start all over again with DAZ and Poser.. The problem is, configuring DAZ Install Manager (I forgot how to do it correctly) to PoserPro so that DAZ products will install correctly into Poser, in addition with Genesis1,2 products in conjunction with the DSON Importer so that they too will install correctly as well. I have the DSON Importer installed to PoserPro2012 already as the Scripts with the DSON Support tab with the Transfer Active Morphs is present within my Poser App.

I've looked at Youtube and just get someone named Jared who goes through the motions of showing you how to set it up for DAZ yet neglects to show you how to set it up correctly with PoserPro2012.

Does anyone know the correct step by step process?
It's kind of important because if you screw this up your Genesis won't work properly. I know this from past experience and this is why I've come to you guys and gals for help.

Post edited by squirt on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

Basically, you install the stuff to a directory, and add that directory to the Poser library as an external runtime. I have all of My Genesis and Genesis 2 stuff in a folder called DAZ content, all of my V4 stuff in one called V4, etc.

You can set up installation paths by clicking on the gear at he right top of the DIM window, and chose which directory to install to by ticking the Show Details box in the Install tab.....

• squirtsquirt Posts: 152
    edited May 2014

WandW said:
    Basically, you install the stuff to a directory, and add that directory to the Poser library as an external runtime. I have all of My Genesis and Genesis 2 stuff in a folder called DAZ content, all of my V4 stuff in one called V4, etc.

You can set up installation paths by clicking on the gear at he right top of the DIM window, and chose which directory to install to by ticking the Show Details box in the Install tab.....

Ok, but what does the path look like? I'm guessing something with a runtime in it somewhere. And where is this Show Details box within the Install tab?

DIM.jpg
    663 x 514 - 199K
    Post edited by squirt on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Not the Settings > Installation tab, but the "Ready to Install" behind it in your image.

The path is to the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder.

edited December 1969

Not the Settings > Installation tab, but the "Ready to Install" behind it in your image.

The path is to the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder.

Do you mean type the path in the image that I provided into that box?

DIM2.jpg
    576 x 485 - 189K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Leave off Runtime at the end, stop at Poser Pro 2012 (and if this is Windows 7/8/Vista putting content in Program Files is not advised).

edited December 1969

Leave off Runtime at the end, stop at Poser Pro 2012 (and if this is Windows 7/8/Vista putting content in Program Files is not advised).

Yes, I'm using Windows 7. So if it not advised what do I do?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,055
    edited December 1969

Where is your existing Poser content?

edited December 1969

Where is your existing Poser content?

Right Here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Runtime\Libraries
    Also I've provided a screenshot to back up the above address.

Poser.jpg
    490 x 440 - 99K
    edited May 2014

It appears you have a folder added as an external runtime that is within the existing library; I'm surprised Poser didn't warn you when you added it.

I'd simply create a folder, C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ Content , and use that as your DIM instal path. Then add that folder to the Poser Library and you should be good...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited May 2014

WandW said:
    It appears you have a folder added as an external runtime that is within the existing library; I'm surprised Poser didn't warn you when you added it.

I'd simply create a folder, C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ Content , and use that as your DIM instal path. Then add that folder to the Poser Library and you should be good...

I had to reinstall Poser after I installed it once and perhaps that's where the external Runtime (not sure what that means) came from.

I created that folder, C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ Content.. But do I now drag that empty folder over to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Runtime\Libraries (place DAZ Content folder in here?) Or do I just create a new folder called DAZ Content within that Library? I'm kind of confused on this last step that your talking about.

Or should I delete Poser and reinstall it trying to get rid of the external Runtime in the process?

This crap blows.

Post edited by squirt on
    edited December 1969

Poser comes with an extensive manual, found on the help menu... ;-) If, for some reason it wasn't installed, it can be gotten here:

https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2281/~/poser-&-poser-pro-user-manuals

To get rid of the extra runtime, select the extra runtime, and click on the folder at top right with a running man and the '-' sign. It doesn't delete anything, merely removes it from the Library (in the case of runtime folders)

To add the folder you created, Click on the folder at top right with the '+' sign and browse to that folder. However, I don't believe it will let you add it until you install some content.

To install content there with DIM, looking at post #4, click on the gear next to 'Content Path Shortcuts", and on the screen that comes up, click on the + at lower left, call it DAZ Content, and browse to the folder you created.Then, make sure DAZ Content is selected at the Content Path, and install away...

edited May 2014

WandW said:
    Poser comes with an extensive manual, found on the help menu... ;-) If, for some reason it wasn't installed, it can be gotten here:

https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2281/~/poser-&-poser-pro-user-manuals

To get rid of the extra runtime, select the extra runtime, and click on the folder at top right with a running man and the '-' sign. It doesn't delete anything, merely removes it from the Library (in the case of runtime folders)

To add the folder you created, Click on the folder at top right with the '+' sign and browse to that folder. However, I don't believe it will let you add it until you install some content.

To install content there with DIM, looking at post #4, click on the gear next to 'Content Path Shortcuts", and on the screen that comes up, click on the + at lower left, call it DAZ Content, and browse to the folder you created.Then, make sure DAZ Content is selected at the Content Path, and install away...

I think you're talking about the Download folder with the single file.. That's normal. It's just a 3rd party file that I got over at Renderosity in order to test my newly reinstalled PoserPro2012.

"To add the folder that you created: Click on the folder at the top right with the + sign"? Do you mean go into PoserPro (not the OS) and click on the button that has the Running Man and the + sign? Otherwise you've lost me. But assuming that you were talking about the Running Man button then you are right about it not wanting to create that Library subdirectory until I've installed some content but then that opens the can of DIM worms that is not properly installed yet.

But let me see if I've got the method that you are trying to tell me right.

Open DIM
    Select: Ready to Install.
    Select: the Tools button
    Slecet: 64bit Software Button
    Then Create or scroll to: C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ Content and hit Enter?

filepath_copy.jpg
    566 x 673 - 216K
    Post edited by squirt on
    edited December 1969

No, not there; That's fine. I'm talking about the view in Post # 4 of this thread.; on the "Ready to Install" tab, the gear next to ‘Content Path Shortcuts”....

edited May 2014

WandW said:
    No, not there; That's fine. I'm talking about the view in Post # 4 of this thread.; on the "Ready to Install" tab, the gear next to ‘Content Path Shortcuts”....

It didn't work. I used the gear and created the paths for the 64bit and 32bit and It still won't show up M2 to my Poser.

Attempt.jpg
    572 x 594 - 237K
    Post edited by squirt on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,643
    edited December 1969

Those 2 paths should be set to wherever you install programs to. In Win 7 it should be Programs and Programs x86

edited December 1969

I even tried changing everything to that path; See image.

attempt_2.jpg
    552 x 515 - 180K
    edited May 2014

Frank0314 said:
    Those 2 paths should be set to wherever you install programs to. In Win 7 it should be Programs and Programs x86

This is why step by step instructions work better than piece meal suggestions.
    But thanks a lot for the advice.. Now if I could only remember what those two paths were. :(

I switched those two back but it still doesn't work.

Attempt3.jpg
    554 x 476 - 143K
    Post edited by squirt on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,643
    edited December 1969

Your 64bit and 32bit paths should look like this

DIMPrograms.jpg
    545 x 515 - 69K
    edited May 2014

Ok I went back to the PoserPro2012 running man and added the path of DAZ Content and Michael 2 finally showed up!

It appears that I can indeed get DAZ Content into Poser now.... Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you again my brothers and most helpful sisters!!!!!! You guys/gals are 10X better than DAZ Tech support as it is now!

Do you all think that everything is ready for Genesis1 and 2 now? I mean, as long as I have the starter apps that is.

Post edited by squirt on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,055
    edited December 1969

It was the + button at bottom-left of your screenshots that you should have been clicking to add a new destination to DIM.

edited May 2014

squirt said:
    WandW said:

It didn't work. I used the gear and created the paths for the 64bit and 32bit and It still won't show up M2 to my Poser.

EDIT; never mind; I somenhow missed the intervening posts. Glad to see you got it working. :-)

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    squirt said:
    WandW said:

EDIT; never mind; I somenhow missed the intervening posts. Glad to see you got it working. :-)

Thanks again WandW!!!

edited December 1969

It was the + button at bottom-left of your screenshots that you should have been clicking to add a new destination to DIM.

Right!
    It works now so thanks a lot Richard for your help!!!!!