Emissive Primitives Suddenly Not Working

Hi all,

I've a Macbook Pro and a Windows Laptop both running DAZ3d 4.12. Yesterday on my Macbook Pro the emissive function just stopped working and I get two error prompts (images attached) when I try to turn a plane into an emissive surface. Just for clarification here's what I'm doing:

create primitive plane - selecting it in surfaces editor tab - going to presets and selecting emissive.

This still works fine on the Windows laptop, and until yesterday it was working fine on the macbook. If I'm doing something daft I can't figure out what it is. That said I'm not super tech minded. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT - Just discovered it's not just the primitives. Get the same error messages for the IRAY uber base. I've unistalled the whole program and reinstalled from scratch making sure the default packages are being downloaded through the install manager, but still nothing is working.

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 11.29.21.png
2880 x 1654 - 785K
Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 11.29.45.png
2880 x 1650 - 783K
Post edited by AlexanderRoark on

Comments

• This is often an issue with the database. How did you install your content?

• AlexanderRoarkAlexanderRoark Posts: 3
    edited June 2020

Hi Richard,

I installed it through the Install Manager. Strange thing is that it was working fine one day, then suddenly not. I'm wondering whether I've done something myself, or deleted something vital somehow, but I can't think what that would be. I've uninstalled Daz completely today and then reinstalled everything from scratch using the IM but I'm still getting the same messages. I'm really very confused.

Post edited by AlexanderRoark on
  • I doub't it's a DS issue, so uninstalling that wouldn't do anything - it doesn't affect content or settings. If you find the product in the produccts tab of Smart Content, don't open it, look at the thumbnail - what, if any, icon does it have at top-right?

• So I think it's in the default shaders package, and when I find that in the smart content panel the icon is missing. I've included a screenshot with the IM to show it is insetalled.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, and thanks for helping!

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 17.53.25.png
    2074 x 1056 - 482K
  • Note that most of the items listed there don't have the circled triangle icon that the Basic Iray Fabric Shaders has - that means DS thinks they have been installled through Connect (within DS itself) and it will try to use those files instead of the ones from DIM. Try riight-clicking on the products and, assumng the option is there, selecting Uninstall.

• Richard,

I have emissives again! Thank you so, so much! I've been pulling my hair out over that for days and you fix it in three sentences. I uninstalled the file with the right click on the tile as you said, then reinstalled through the IM. Everything's back to normal. I still have no idea what happened to make it stop working, but at least I've now got a go-to trick of it should happen again.

Thanks mate,

You're a lifesaver.