Installing Content with DAZCentral (Consider it closed)

R-O StudiosR-O Studios Posts: 99

Hi, I'm trying to install content with DAZCentral (as the title says), and I'm wondering if I'm doing it right?

Here's the screenshot.

Daz Centeral Settings.png
398 x 284 - 19K
Post edited by R-O Studios on

Comments

• Hi R-O Studios,

I had assumed that the Base Path Location was for content and DAZ Studio Install location was for the application or program. I have tried it that way and can't get the program to install to my c:\programs folder although I seem to get my content to install to the location I specified. It appears as loaded however old content that is already loaded to my content location doesn't register as already installed?

The program actually loads to users\me\applications\etc.

So beats me.

Also I can't get DIM to work either. It will not install DAZ at all. Although again it accepts my home network drive for content.

I was going to submit a ticket but I assume they are already working on this issue. Because lots of people seem to be having problems since the DAZ central app started to be used for installing new content?

• R-O StudiosR-O Studios Posts: 99
    edited June 2020

Well, I'm going to have to give up on this problem. I understand that DAZCentral is new, but it needs some serious refinement and updates before Daz3D themselves considers it as a replacement to Install Manager when it does the same thing but in a modern UI look (not that I have a problem with that.) I don't dislike it or hate it, I just think Daz3D needs to improve it more. But, for the time being, I'm going to reinstall Install Manager anyway, and thanks for trying to help @carbunclemax.

Post edited by R-O Studios on
  • Was this ever FIXED!?

• ravenzvideo_095cbd6007 said:

Was this ever FIXED!?

What? Yes, Daz Central works for installation - though ti lacks the flexibility of Instal manager (which was the whole point of the exercise). If you want help, seveal versions later, you are going to have to be more specific about your issue (and ideally include system details).