Strange behavior and dropping down to cpu

well as title  says, i have a scene where 2 gen 8 females are in a room, when rendering the gpu render and its all good. the 2nd render is the same exact room, lighting and everything and only 1 of the previous females with the exact same position only differnce is some head rotation and hand movement and when i render it it drops down to cpu.

i am kinda noob so its strange to me, i would really appreciate if someone explain why if there is a reason.

Thanks you

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Do you still have your first render open?

If so, that will take up ressources as well.

And if not, then well, my experience is that Daz Studio / Iray are rather bad at cleaning up, so my guess is there is still some items from the first render in the memory.

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287

Agreed, the simplest thing to try is exercise the habit that I know I've gotten into over time which is closing and re-opening DAZ Studio constantly (and any more opening Task Manager to either watch and wait for DS to finish ending it's processes or ending them myself in order to re-open DS).

Even beyond having done a render, just loading a different scene is way faster for me if I go through the above process than just choosing to load a new scene with the last scene still open...

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@ramialmasry

For future questions, things may go a bit faster if you include info about your Studio version (all 4 numbers), your nvidia driver, and your GPU.

• Thank you everyone for answering. But i do close daz after each render and watch gpu-z until the vmemory is around 200 with nothing open then open daz and render again Daz studio 4.12.1 Gpu gtx 1050ti Driver 430.86
  • Thank you everyone for answering. But i do close daz after each render and watch gpu-z until the vmemory is around 200 with nothing open then open daz and render again Daz studio 4.12.1 Gpu gtx 1050ti Driver 430.86

Your driver is too old https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5534391/#Comment_5534391

REQUIRES NVIDIA Driver 441.22 (or newer) on Windows for pre-Turing GPUs, 442.19 (or newer) on Windows for Turing GPUs; see NVIDIA Driver Downloads

• Before my last reply i downloaded the driver will install and try Thank you my friend