DAZ Central not working

The first time I downloaded DAZ Central, it installed itself along with the purchases that I made. Since then, however, it will not load. Today, I made a purchase and clicked on the link. The DAZ Central window came up and I walked away to have supper. When I came back about half an hour later, the DAZ Central window was STILL loading. I killed the window, started up DIM and in a few minutes the packages were installed.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Comments

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 331

Similar issue here. DAZ Central didn't show up, DIM is my current way to go. In addition, I have an issue with Studio as well. since the most recent update, I cant restart Studio without rebooting my whole system. -.- So no render queue or RAM cleaning for me, which sucks.

• jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148
    edited June 2020

I'm having trouble with both the Installer and DS, as well.

The earlier version of DIM worked reliably.

The earlier version of DS worked reliably enough to be usable (occasional crashes during Simulation, but otherwise it was stable enough to be workable).

Now I can't use it. It crashes after loading in new scenes, after only one or two simple operations (like moving an asset). Useless.

I've decided not buy any more assets until the software problems are resolved.

Post edited by jpetersen1 on
  • Falke 3DFalke 3D Posts: 9

Hello, after installing Daz Central, Daz Studio no longer finds any data when I click the icons to use it. Data paths in search with browser are available. Failure to do so says file ... cannot be found.
    I ask for help.

Greetings from Germany
    Falcon

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 331
    Falke 3D said:

Hello, after installing Daz Central, Daz Studio no longer finds any data when I click the icons to use it. Data paths in search with browser are available. Failure to do so says file ... cannot be found.
    I ask for help.

Greetings from Germany
    Falcon

This one can be solved by reassigning the paths inside DS for Central. Central sets them to a new default, where they probably aren't.

• Falke 3DFalke 3D Posts: 9

Thanks HighElf,
    that helped, in Central there was nothing in the Base folder. Now I specified the folder of the Daz installations, and Daz Studio finds files again.
    - But lists lots of products to install that are already usable.
    Even less now knows Central, which recommends installing Daz Studio. I would also have to reinstall almost everything.

I miss the path information like in the old manager.
    I see products and now I don't know what is available and where something is being installed.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

I'm having trouble with both the Installer and DS, as well.

The earlier version of DIM worked reliably.

The earlier version of DS worked reliably enough to be usable (occasional crashes during Simulation, but otherwise it was stable enough to be workable).

Now I can't use it. It crashes after loading in new scenes, after only one or two simple operations (like moving an asset). Useless.

I've decided not buy any more assets until the software problems are resolved.

I am having similiar issues. I thought that it was just my computer getting old and slowing down but now that I hear that other people are having similiar problems, it makes me think that the problem is with the new version of DAZ. I went back to old scenes which I was able to render in the past without issue and now just moving a character takes a few minutes.

• jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148

I wish I had never upgraded. I should have waited.

• keremgo3dkeremgo3d Posts: 9

DAZ Central is awful... Tried 10 times to install Daz Studio but no luck. I had to update because DAZ Install Manager didn't worked; couldn't login to download software and content. This was a pointless update imho. No need to fix something that works perfectly. 

• quanitrosquanitros Posts: 0

The problem having is that daz central no longer recognizes my login, info even after password resets

• gniiialgniiial Posts: 207

I don't get it either. What in the world is happening there?! At beginning 2020 i had still my old machine with win7 (still miss it), an i5, 16GB Ram, ordinary, really. But he got old and even slow in the web.

Now, with a Ryzen7 3700x, 32 GB ram, even crazy fast NVMe M.2 with reading capabilities of 3.400 MB/s and windows 10 it is with DAZCentral like i would start by far to new game on a machine where i have to create a configuration file that sets everything to a minimum that is possible. How is this possible?! My paths are correct, i even set them back to default in some cases. Nothing changes!
    The dblog.txt in - C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms\ContentCluster - says something about:

FATAL: role "MYUSERNAME" does not exist

But it seems to make no difference in the install manager nor Daz3d. Both work like they should; as far as I know of. Daz3D also has only two errors, that I can't fix. He first one is about setting GPU0 & 1 to TCC instead of WDDM, to render faster. And by the way, my cards don't support TCC. A simple if/else would make sure of that, if someone would write a check for supported cards that run with it.
    The second one is about: WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(474): Could not add path: "C:/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2

Adding the folder manually just leads to → it get's deleted at the start of Daz3d

Anyways, back to DAZCentral.
    If I start it, i wait for it to open. This takes an incredible time for the power and ressources my computer offers. Something in between 1-3 minutes! Daz install Manager needs something around 10-30 seconds. Daz3d 5-10 Seconds. As far as I understand it BOTH, when set to it, connect to a database with the assets and meanwhile connect also to the web and the user account too. So why needs Central up to 3 minutes?!

Then, when I try to put in the password, only the first letter in the password field takes up to 20-30 seconds to show a point in the text field. (loading circle inclusive...) In the task manager are two processes with the same name. One is like using 2-7 MB ram, the other one around 30-60 MB. If you would kill the smaller process, it just starts again, and again and again... Kill the big one:

Error:

Render process killed

Render Process exited with code: 1

Do you want to reload the page?

What rendering process we talk about here?!

When I am logged in and see assets and the user interface it's also very strange. If i try to minimize the program, it shuts down for at least 2-3 seconds, then it pops up again. At this time it's not even listed on the taskbar anymore. Same happens with the windowed mode function. It just pops up again, full screen mode with exact the same behavior. If i try to do something, like scrolling, it "waits" 5-10 seconds, and then it scrolls a little. Impossible to do something with this thing.

I really would recommend to cancel this project, because as long as things like this happen, this only leads to massive complications and a user that thinks to just delete everything of DAZ. I cannot find anything that may change these things, since everything is all over the place or highly cryptic. It's a mess. I can't even find a configuration file and i am not "learning" to manipulate a part of a program, that makes no sense at all.
    Why don't you just put one icon for each installed product element next to the product name inside of the DAZ Install Manager and be done with it?! This program works FINE!!! Nobody needs fancy nice looks, oversized images as a background and way to big elements in it, that i guess slow also down something at some point. At least for older computers.

• Don't know whether anyone ever solved this problem. I'm running into it as well on a new system. Part of a running problem with categorization (but that is anothr long tale of woe not directly related to this). 

So I loaded Daz Central and Daz Studio on a fresh computer. Noticed quickly that it was loading content onto my C: drive which is too small for it. Tried to migrate that to the D: drive and then the problems began. Ultimately tried to wipe DAZ clean off the machine and start from new. Now I can't get DAZ Central to get beyond the LOADING screen with the spinner just spinning. 

If anyone has any thoughts on how to get this to install again cleanly I would much appreciate it. It seems like some cruft got left behind somewhere and/or I deleted something that ought not have been deleted. IN any event I would have expected a fresh install of DAZ Central to pick up whatever new it needed to re-install. ... AArgh....

• Don't know whether anyone ever solved this problem. I'm running into it as well on a new system. Part of a running problem with categorization (but that is anothr long tale of woe not directly related to this). 

So I loaded Daz Central and Daz Studio on a fresh computer. Noticed quickly that it was loading content onto my C: drive which is too small for it. Tried to migrate that to the D: drive and then the problems began. Ultimately tried to wipe DAZ clean off the machine and start from new. Now I can't get DAZ Central to get beyond the LOADING screen with the spinner just spinning. 

If anyone has any thoughts on how to get this to install again cleanly I would much appreciate it. It seems like some cruft got left behind somewhere and/or I deleted something that ought not have been deleted. IN any event I would have expected a fresh install of DAZ Central to pick up whatever new it needed to re-install. ... AArgh....

Exactly the same situation

• I just have one question does anyone else have the problem where you are trying to open something and then it say "there was a problem opeing the file". if anyone knows how to fix this it will help a lot so i can fix it thanks.

DAZ Studio 4.14 Pro 12_23_2020 8_23_12 PM.png
    609 x 102 - 11K
  • jarmohjarmoh Posts: 0

Just install and this happens. I need help. I try to uninstall and install again. Boot computer. Same result all the time.

• jarmohjarmoh Posts: 0

Just install and this happens. I need help. I try to uninstall and install again. Boot computer. Same result all the time.

• lethiuxlethiux Posts: 2
    edited November 2022

Post edited by lethiux on
  • cnoliver86 said:

Oi! Daz Productions! Fix your stupid software. It doesn't work!

It runs the first time I load it after installation on Windows 10, then it just loads forever if I try to open it again after that.

I've tried rebooting, deleting AppData and reinstalling multiple times. It doesn't work! Fix it!

I've subscribed to your Platinum Club, and I've tried emailing your support email address from your website (which doesn't exist).
    But I'm very skeptical about all of this at the moment. You're pushing software that doesn't run.

Fix it!

Provide enough information to diagnose the issue!

Peremptory demands aside, and assuming you are looking at Daz Central since that is the subject of the thread, what are your system specifications? What security software are you running? Is theer an error message of any kind in the window that opens (assuming one does)? If you check Task Manager, with the more details option enabled, are there any PostgreSQL processes listed in the background process list?

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226

Okay. Here's my issue:

Every time I load DAZ Central, it states that there's an update for it, and if I don't update, it won't work. I click "Update," and it tries for a while, then states it can't download the update from DAZ at this time, and then works normally.

Wouldn't really bother me, except it slows everything down by 5 miutes or so. DC has so many other problems (like timing out on downloading products, sometimes for hours on a sing;e product) that this is just one more bugaboo that seems like it should be an easy fix.

My system is relatively stock, except that all my DAZ content is on a separate D drive, rather than crowding the C:\ OS drive with a lot of superflous items.

..Joe

• lethiuxlethiux Posts: 2
    edited November 2022

Post edited by lethiux on
  • Well, it could be that you have a full version of PostgreSQL installed - I'm not at all sure about that. Deleting the whole %AppData%/daz 3d/ folder removes all settings, so it could be Daz Central (perhaps an issue with the account file) or the CMS database (although it's possible Daz Central defaults to putting that in the [drive]:/Daz 3D/ folder) - try going into the folder and removing the Daz Central folder (which will test if it's the account file or the database).

• sgotachsgotach Posts: 0

Can confirm this problem is still a thing :/

Either the installation gets to a certain point and stops

Daz central says render process has exited

or installation just saying the installation will continue once other recouses has finished installing

• MickFMickF Posts: 9

Got a new Dell Alienware PC 11th Gen Intel Porcessor with RTX 3060 12GB card. Installed Daz Central, upon first run logged into my account and got the following

Base paths are controlled by DIM.

I love using Daz but this is annoying,

I DO NOT HAVE DIM installed on this PC so questionsare as follows.

1. Do I have to manually set all paths in Daz Central on new PC

2. DO I have to remove all Daz products from original PC

3. DO I have to reset all paths on Original PC with default Paths

4. Will Daz simply not work on 11th Gen Intel CPU

• That sounds as if you copied the settings across from the old machine. Daz Central has only one path setting, and places everything in set sub-folders of that; if you have path settings from a DIM set up on the old machine then Central will give that message as it is not able to adjust the paths independently as DIM can/ Why not use DIM instead? If you want to use separate path settings it will be much easier.

https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

MickF said:

Got a new Dell Alienware PC 11th Gen Intel Porcessor with RTX 3060 12GB card. Installed Daz Central, upon first run logged into my account and got the following

"Base paths are controlled by DIM."

I love using Daz but this is annoying,

I DO NOT HAVE DIM installed on this PC so questionsare as follows.

1. Do I have to manually set all paths in Daz Central on new PC

2. DO I have to remove all Daz products from original PC

3. DO I have to reset all paths on Original PC with default Paths

4. Will Daz simply not work on 11th Gen Intel CPU

PS
    I do NOT have any other Instances of PostgreSQL installed
    Windows Defender is the only security app running at present.
    No error messages displayed, just the Dialog stating that paths are controlled by DIM, which is not installed and will not run if I try to install it because of ssleay32.dll issues.

Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds as if you copied the settings across from the old machine. Daz Central has only one path setting, and places everything in set sub-folders of that; if you have path settings from a DIM set up on the old machine then Central will give that message as it is not able to adjust the paths independently as DIM can/ Why not use DIM instead? If you want to use separate path settings it will be much easier.

Did NOT copy any settings across.

Just initially installed DAZ Central only on new PC, NO Ohter DAZ applications, Just DAZ Central.

When I got the DIM message uninstalled Daz Central and tried to install using DIM, DIM will not run at all as it just closes when I try to run it with an error in windows log relating to ssleay32.dll.

Completely removed everything,cleaned registry and retried installation with same results.

Even resorted to resetting new PC to factory settings and tried install. Same results.

DAZ Central pops dialog box stating Install paths are controlled by DIM.

MickF said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds as if you copied the settings across from the old machine. Daz Central has only one path setting, and places everything in set sub-folders of that; if you have path settings from a DIM set up on the old machine then Central will give that message as it is not able to adjust the paths independently as DIM can/ Why not use DIM instead? If you want to use separate path settings it will be much easier.

Just initially installed DAZ Central only on new PC, NO Ohter DAZ applications, Just DAZ Central.

When I got the DIM message uninstalled Daz Central and tried to install using DIM, DIM will not run at all as it just closes when I try to run it with an error in windows log relating to ssleay32.dll.

Completely removed everything,cleaned registry and retried installation with same results.

Even resorted to resetting new PC to factory settings and tried install. Same results.

Do not know if this is relevant but Daz Central tries to create installation to C:\DAZ3d rather than C:\Program Files\...

• MickF said:

MickF said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Do not know if this is relevant but Daz Central tries to create installation to C:\DAZ3d rather than C:\Program Files\...

Yes, that is what I meant by saying it uses a single folder that the user can pick and then puts everything in sub-folders of that.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

@Serene Night had the same problem and fixed it.Here is the thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6874141/#Comment_6874141

• MickF said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Including the AppData folder?

MickF said:

MickF said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Exact Dialog states

"The path specified in the Package Archive" field on the Downloads page of the settings dialog is currently not available. Make sure that the drive is connected to your computer and that the computer recognizes the drive then try again"

Daz Central DOES NOT have "Package Archive", "Downloads" or a "Settings" page these are related to DIM. Which is not installed on New PC. I thought Daz Central was a stand alone application supposedly to replace

DIM. But if they are tied together then it is totally useless. Secndly I have Daz installed on a laptop with Windows 10 and it only has a single HDD with everything on it with no problems. The laptop haz Daz Central and DIM installed.