Anyone had this issue, and if so what did you do??

I hope you all can help.  I seem to do great with my scenes but as soon as I add another character or two, I get a fatal error and a crash during render.  I am at a total loss how to deal with this! It stinks because I have great ideas, and a fantastic computer to do this on, but the second I add another cheracter, down it goes!

Help! 

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940

You need to post more details about this fantastic computer. Are you rendering in Iray? What graphics card do you have? What graphics driver version is installed? How much RAM memory does your computer have? What version of Daz Studio are you using? Does the Daz Studio log file have any clues?

• I am rendering Iray. I have a nVidea RTX 2070 with updated drivers (updated yesterday), Memory is currently 8 G with option to upgrade. I am using Daz 4.12.1.  Is there a Daz update I missed?

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

Geberally you need twice as much system RAM as your cards VRAM. 8Gb is likely too low.

• Ok, cool. I will get with my local Best Buy and see they recommend.  Thankfully I have installed RAM so I can handle it myself.  I was thinking of doing that anyway!  Thanks for the idea! Any other suggestions? I am up to trying anything to make this work. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940

Yah, 8 GB of system RAM might not adequate. I would recommend 32 GB if your system and budget can handle it. You can probably get by with 16 GB.

You can also install GPU-Z (free software) to monitor usage of your GPU video memory. That will help you see whether your scene is too large for rendering in the GPU. A good utility for reducing scene resource usage to fit in the GPU is Scene Optimizer.

• I can max out at 64, but I think you are right that 32 will do.  Just looked up my specks and will be getting a couple of 8 gig Vengance DDR4 sticks Saterday so I can get them locked in before my semester gets to deep as well.  Thanks for all the help!  I will also get Scene Optimizer as well.  

Thanks again!