Sexy Skins by Vyktohria - how do I change textures???

Hi everyone, I've just bought the Sexy Skinz Stockings 02 pack by Vyktohria and can't seem to figure out how to use them properly. There are an awful lot of textures in the Runtime/textures folder meant for these stockings, but within DAZ, there are only basic material settings, like for the different variations of the stockings (full / just stockings / with pantie and so on). All I want is to change the default black full stockings to white ones, but I don't know which texture is actually meant for this, and whether I'm meant to apply them by hand. Also, there seems to be no extra stockings wardrobe item in my scene, just the stockings textures applied to my figure's legs. I figure these are probably geoshell thingies, but am still at a terrible loss how to handle them. Does anybody own them and could help me out here? 'd be much appreciated, my poor little dancer urgently needs her white stockings!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    edited May 2020

Those are "second skins", ie textures which are applied over your figure's skin, not actual stockings items.

I don't have those so I have no idea if white versions are included. I don't see any white stockings in the promo pics, but if there are white options included there should be material presets to apply them.

Post edited by Leana on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696
    Leana said:

Those are "second skins", ie textures which are applied over your figure's skin, not actual stockings items.

I don't have those so I have no idea if white versions are included. I don't see any white stockings in the promo pics, but if there are white options included there should be material presets to apply them.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Leana! Still, I can‘t work out what the „09 Full Stockings“ styles mentioned in the promo text are supposed to be or where to find them (you‘re right there‘s no actual mention of a white set, I just figured there would be one). All I have are settings for the different stockings or hose variations, like I said; and there‘s definitely not 9 of them just for the full stockings variation. It‘s especially annoying because the promo says it‘s supposed to be one click solution!

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

I don't have these either, so these may be stupid suggestions, but given that they are textures, isn't there a way to change the color of them under the Surfaces tab, or apply a shader?

And if it's using an image, did it come with templates? If so, you can use those to create your own image texture, named the way you want it, and replace the default one with yours.

Even if there aren't templates, it's usually possible to bring one of the default/existing texture images into Photoshop (or Gimp or whatever), recolor it, save it with your own name, and then load that in.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

The product uses LIE, so it is textures applied on top of the skin.

So in order to find the materials, my advice is to select the character and then go to the material setting for that - potentially in a separate folder inside the matarials.

As it is LIE, it depends if you can change colour. If you go to the surface tab for the legs, click on the Base Color map and select Layered Imager Texture, you can see how it is applied. If the texture is just a mask, then you can change the colour of the overlay.

Thanks felis and mavante, I will try and figure out something with your suggestions. It's just that I was actually hoping for a real simple solution, without having to fiddle with the textures / colors myself. Does anyone perhaps know of a nice hosiery set for G3, with a full pantyhose / pair of tights in white, like ballet dancers wear?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Well this comes in all sort of colours and variants https://www.daz3d.com/morphing-pantyhose-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-s

So I would assume it can fulfil your need.

felis said:

Well this comes in all sort of colours and variants https://www.daz3d.com/morphing-pantyhose-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-s

So I would assume it can fulfil your need.

Felis thank you very much, I hadn't seen those! These are just perfect. You just made my day!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

If you're using Iray those shaders could also be an option: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/shader-plan---iray-sheers-and-pantyhoses/119731/

They're used as ballet tights in some of the promo pics.

Thanks Leana, I'm putting them on my wishlist!