DAZ Central

I installed and ran DAZ Central it seemed to work fine. I exited DAZ Central.

I made a purchase. I clicked on the usual download and install button and DAZ Install Manager found nothing to install.

The items could be found in DAZ Central and installed individually.

Is this the new normal?

The FAQs seem to claim otherwise:

"Does DazCentral mean I can’t use Daz Install Manager (DIM)?

You can use DazCentral and Daz Install Manager together! DazCentral can detect what content is installed through Install Manager. It will also detect that path Install Manager is installing content to and will automatically read and install to this path."

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Items should still appear in DIM. Maybe you have filters in DIM which prevent it to show?

Or it might be that DIM and DAZ Central don't look for their files on the same server and the DIM servers have not updated yet.

• wschwindwschwind Posts: 14

Thank you for the quick reply Leana.

I'm not sure what you mean by filters in DIM - I don't think I've ever set any.

If it is server problem, I guess I'll wait and hope it works next time.

After installing them with DAZ Central the items did appear under "installed" in DAZ Install Manager.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

There is a thread for Daz Central, to which Daz staff were posting, it might be best to post there (or we can merge this thread into that). https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/407131/beta-for-dazcentral-your-new-content-manager#latest

Start DIM normally and check that its paths are still correct.