How do I make two morph sliders 'reverse' another?

I googled my question and I didn't find any answers, although I'm not sure how to call it either.

Basically, I have two morph sliders, both go from 0% to 100%. I want to 'connect' them somehow, so when I put Slider 1 to 100%, Slider 2 goes to 0%, and when I put Slider 1 to 0%, Slider 2 goes to 100%. How do I do that?

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I've never tried this, but I *think* you need to use ERC Freeze to create 2 properties, and set one of the Scalar values to -1. I'm sorry I'm a bit short on detail, but hopefully someone can fill in the gaps.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 282

Hi Guys, a duplicate post of an observation in another thread ...

If you're tying to put together complex sequences of bits of a rig (or multiple rigs) translating, scaling, rotating and morphing in concert, a way, way, way easier way to do it than setting all that up on a timeline and then doing an ERC freeze, is to just create an empty property, drag in the necessary elements in the property heriarchy and, (for what I'm doing) set them all up as linear keyed attibutes and then just write the keys on a step through of the main slider, using as much or a little detail as is needed. 100% control. Easy-peasy "test, learn and refine". 0% timeline aggravation!

So, to answer AlexanderPreuss1 ...

• Create a new property where you want it (you have to be in edit mode in the parameters tab).
    • Right click to get the context menu then click "show in Property Heirarchy"
    • In the heirarchy, expand your property to show "sub components/ 1st stage"  - at this time, I'm not familiar with what "controllers" and "2nd stage" do.
    • Drag into that location whatever other objects' properties you want this property to control ie your two morph properties.
    • And then there's probably many ways to skin the cat, but from what you've described, I'd set both of the dragged properties attributes to TYPE: ERC[KEYED] and the KEY TYPE to LINEAR.
    • And now you write the keys. For what you've described, click on each one's KEYS then click twice on the "+" then expand the keys and you can set whatever values you need in your 2 morphs at whatever times you need on your slider. eg Morph 1 is 1 at time 0 and 0 at time 1, while Morph 2 is 0 at time 0 and 1 at time 1, will give you a slider that starts with Morph 1 full on and Morph 2 full off and then swaps that as you slide the controller to its end.  As another example, let's say you needed Morph 1 to turn full off, before Morph 2 starts to turn on. Then you'd need 3 keys - at 0 at 0.5 and at 1.  At 0 Moprh 1's key is 1 and Morph 2's key is 0.  At 0.5, both Morphs' keys are 0. At 1, Morph 1's key is still 0 and Morph 2's key is 1.  A quick word here on why LINEAR. If you choose TCB (don't know what the acronyn stands for but the outcome is some sort of interpolation) you often get weird results, especially negative slider results early on. If you are just doing simple actions, LINEAR is simpler to understand and often gives clean results.

Have fun experimenting. Lx

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

One option is to create two extra properties, one of which will be the controller and one of which will be a constant always at 100&. Use regular ERC Freeze to link the controller to one of your morphs, then in the proeprty Hierarchy drag the constant prioeprty into the first stage additive and the controller into subtract. Hide everyting but the controller.