Help deciding on character creation software (rookie here)

Hello everyone!

I would like you to give me your opinion, I will explain the situation:
-I'm making a video game.
-I don't know anything about 3d or edition.
-I want a solution as easy and complete as possible to mainly develop static character portraits in 3d (such as in Crusader King or Imperator Rome, example: https://i.redd.it/1ynu0su6l6t21.png)

At the moment my conclusions are the following, I would like to hear yours:
-Character Creator 3: complete. expensive extras store. possibility of animations the day you are interested. it requires some skill to wear things (like clothes) not designed directly for character creator. Beards seem to be a problem (it would be great if they worked as an add-on)
-Daz 3d: It has a good quality too. animations cannot be made but the things in the store are really cheaper.
-Others: I have ruled out adobe fuse because it seems quite abandoned and limited. I have also ruled out UMA for similar reasons (and because I don't know if the final project will be in unity or own engine) but things for Unity in 3d stores are really cheap :(

And speaking of stores, I have found many, sketchfab (it seems the most famous), I see that from them I can download things, but usually they are for Unity or Unreal.
Is it a good idea to purchase these designs for use in Character Creator 3, Daz 3d, or others? Where will they give me less work to implement them? Should all work?

And those are my conclusions and questions after a couple of days researching on a subject that I know nothing about and are probably wrong, any detailed and instructive opinion is welcome.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

In fact Daz Studio can create animations. Do note that if your game is to include the 3D data (not just 2D renders) then you would require Interactive Licenses for the products used.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821
    Based on your current needs.... Daz Studio.
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited May 2020

I don't know iClone 7 but there is a video with Daz 3D content.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Character creation for static character portraits is EXACTLY what Daz Studio excels at. You will not find anything better. If you were wanting to animate them there could be a debate, but if not, it's Daz Studio by a mile.

• baldsenpaibaldsenpai Posts: 4

Character creation for static character portraits is EXACTLY what Daz Studio excels at. You will not find anything better. If you were wanting to animate them there could be a debate, but if not, it's Daz Studio by a mile.

Thanks, that's the kind of answer I expected, with arguments :)
    What do you think of the process of acquiring sketchfab products and other platforms? Are they easy to adapt or will you require prior training?