Can Pose and Material .duf files be applied directly to a figure from the source directory?

The new DAZCentral application reset my CMS database during setup requiring a full CMS re-build.

Unfortunately, the most recent backup of User Data is a week old and dozens of subsets, materials and poses could not be restored into the new CMS database structure.

They exist in the source directories as .duf files, but are not referenced in CMS.

Is there any way to open DAZ Studio, load a figure and apply poses and materials directly from .duf source files 'outside' of the CMS structure? 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

The Content Library pane>Daz Studuio Formats will show actual files in yoru mapped content directories. However, I suspect the issue was that you were using a non-default location for the ContentCluster folder and the Daz Central install reset it - in which case reverting to the non-default value in the Content Directory Manager (from the Content tab of Edit>Preferences, Daz Studio>preferences on a Mac) should put everything back.

• Thanks, again, Richard.

I've attached a screen-shot of the settings in the Content Directory Manager and they are all correct.

I've never touched the path in "CMS Cluster Directory" for all the years I've used DAZ Studio.

The path "D:/My Library" contains the .duf files that are not being registered in the CMS - all files with a date after 5/2.  That was the last time I backed up the User Data.  Since that time, until yesterday when DAZ Central performed a reset, I was quite busy creating dozens of custom materials, poses and subsets.  None of them are visible to CMS.

2020-05-23 13_22_02-DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro Public Build - !!!-Empty-2020-Medium Figure-Figure Height-2..png
    1385 x 844 - 1M
  • With my tail tucked between my legs, I have to admit that I found the problem.

You were, of course, absolutely correct.

Years ago, I did create a D:/CMS directory, and completely forgot about it!

Issue resolved.