G8F - taking hours to load; log files show issue?

bradassociatesbradassociates Posts: 106

Greetings.   I'm running Daz 4.12.1.115 build on an i9 processor with a 2tb ssd and an RTX 2060 GPU with 6 Gb Vram.

It seemed to happen fairly quickly, but I noticed that both the base G8F and all the many purchased G8F characters were taking extremely long to download.   The base G8F takes about 30 minutes to download, and a saved scene with more than, say, 4 G8Fs would take literally several hours to download.    However, all other figures, environments, props, content, etc. loaded in fairly reasonable time.

I get errors when the G8F figures finally load indicating that duplicate formulas were found, to check to make sure installed properly and check the log (see attached).   I then got a second error message the genesis8female.dsf file could not be found it the location indicated in the attached image (I went ahead and copied the original .dsf file and put it in that location also, but it still indicates it is not there).

Finally, I downloaded the log.   I saw, literally, thousands of WARNING messages all tied to Auto Face Enhancer I installed, pointing to this location (see a small portion of the log attached):

data>Daz 3D>genesis 8>female>morphs>D.Master>Auto Face Enhancer

I'm fairly sure the propblem is AFE installed.   If it means I can simply uninstall it and have G8Fs load in reasonable time, I'd like to do that - if that is in fact the issue.

Does anyone know a good fix for this.  What needs to be done to uninstall AFE?   Thanks in advance.

Duplicate files.jpg
942 x 546 - 168K
FIles could not be found.jpg
918 x 498 - 124K
log.jpg
2208 x 942 - 3M
Post edited by bradassociates on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Use DIM to uninstall AFE.

• BootwinkBootwink Posts: 43

I have a simular thing happen with just one Characture, it take about 3 or 4 times to load, and over 3 minutes to popup on the render screen, once it starts rendering it does start rendering it works fine, but sometimes I can't get it to start rendering so that even an Image shows up over 10 minutes. I shut down the program and tried again, and that didn't work either.Today When I Opened Daz, I finally got a render,  Whats is red is how it worked today. I really like the figure, I don't know if this is possible that the figure somehow doubled its characture's info where it is stored to cloge the prosess to be slow. I can load 4 different gen 8 charactures fully loaded as fast as this one characture that just the loading of that characture alone. can work with all the other charactures with no such problems. 

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805
    Bootwink said:

I have a simular thing happen with just one Characture, it take about 3 or 4 times to load, and over 3 minutes to popup on the render screen, once it starts rendering it does start rendering it works fine, but sometimes I can't get it to start rendering so that even an Image shows up over 10 minutes. I shut down the program and tried again, and that didn't work either.Today When I Opened Daz, I finally got a render,  Whats is red is how it worked today. I really like the figure, I don't know if this is possible that the figure somehow doubled its characture's info where it is stored to cloge the prosess to be slow. I can load 4 different gen 8 charactures fully loaded as fast as this one characture that just the loading of that characture alone. can work with all the other charactures with no such problems. 

You need to look at the log right after the chacter is opened and see what is in there. The usual cause of this is duplicate formulas. Uninstall the offending item and you should be back to normal. Also submit a bug report to DS, assuming it came from the store here, so they might fix it.