Clothing Fitting on Top of Geo Grafts

Quick question.  It might have already been addressed, but my search of the forums did not find anything.

My question:  Is there a way to make clothing honor geo-grafts?

For example, if you use a geo-graft that gives a character additional breasts (think Star Wars-style aliens); is it possible to make it so that clothing would conform to that geo-graft without the clothing having to be modified in another program?

Comments

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited May 2020

Set your custom Morphs as FOLLOW and your outfit will Follow the custom morph

oh wait... GeoGrph not MOrph... My bad

I have never attempted

Post edited by Wallace3D on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

You could try adding a geoshell to your character with graphs, I believe the geoshell will include the graphs. Then set clothing to collide with the geoshell. That should work

• dbtemdbtem Posts: 30

You could try adding a geoshell to your character with graphs, I believe the geoshell will include the graphs. Then set clothing to collide with the geoshell. That should work

Thank you for the replies.  I know how to create a geoshell that includes the grafts, but how to I set the clothing to collide with the geoshell?

When you select the character, in the paramter tab under general is the mesh smoothing settings. One of the options is Collision Item, change that from your figure to the figure's geoshell

• SaintSaint Posts: 59

The biggest problem I've had fitting some clothes over geografts is when details like the strap on this Classic Biker jacket get screwy, any tips there?

Adjust the smoothing and collision settings in the parameters tab. Sometimes changing the Smoothing type from base shape matching to generic works too.

• SaintSaint Posts: 59
    edited May 2020

Tried switching types and messed with the sliders, didn't seem to help there. Guessing maybe the jacket is a little to complex and detailed? The geograft in question adds some bones to the anatomy in that area so I'm wondering if that could also be an issue affecting it?

Edit: Seems like the issue was a particlar morph, or set of morphs, for that piece of anatomy. Found some that don't screw with the jacket but achieve the same overall shape and size for that area.

Post edited by Saint on

I am still having issues getting it to work correctly for me.  Its as if it will conform to part (using the suggestions above), but then not the rest of the graft.

I made an interesting observation.  Because of a tearing issue, I saved the graft as a "Schene Subset" and then deleted it.  I re-imported it, and interestingly some of the shells overlayed it correctly and others did not.  I do not know why re-importing the graft caused that, but I am closer to my goal.  Its just not consistent.  I will keep testing and update everyone in case I find a solution that others can use.