DAZCentral claiming DAZStudio is not installed

OK I admit I had a couple of issues during the installation (although DAZCentral was happy to link to Studio) and I had to delete DAZCentral temporarily. On reinstalling it it claimed that Studio was not installed. I have now deleted it, rebooted, and reinstalled at least twice and DAZCentral is still claiming that both DAZStudio and Hexagon are not installed, despite them continuing to work quite happily.

During the installation process I was moving the libraries from the C: to D: drives but I didn't touch either Studio or Hexagon.

Any ideas how I can go about telling DAZCentral to have a proper look at the drivers.

Andrew Harvey

Comments

• Cruzer3dCruzer3d Posts: 16

After installing Daz central I show the same issue, that DC says Daz is not installed and when I try to use Daz now it shows all my content needs to be updated before I can use it .

That is a major issue because I have a TB plus of content and a very slow loading internet of only 3mb/sec that will take forever. There must be a work around. I have thousands invested in this program .

I am not happy. I hope someone has a solution.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    Cruzer3d said:

After installing Daz central I show the same issue, that DC says Daz is not installed and when I try to use Daz now it shows all my content needs to be updated before I can use it .

That is a major issue because I have a TB plus of content and a very slow loading internet of only 3mb/sec that will take forever. There must be a work around. I have thousands invested in this program .

In the settings you can disable automatic update.  It doesn't recognize content installed with Connect.

• SPewSPew Posts: 19

Same here. I've uninstalled central but now DIM says I do not have studio or any content installed and in Studio smart content is showing no content is installed. At least I can access my content through the content library pane.

Cruzer3d said:

In the settings you can disable automatic update.  It doesn't recognize content installed with Connect.

I have disabled auto updates before making that coment

I am now trying to reinstall Daz 

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

If someone is somewhat PC knowlagable, one can create a Win image back up in case there are too many problems

• owakulukemowakulukem Posts: 10
    edited May 2020

After installing DAZ Central the program stated that DAZ Studio was not installed. I tried changing the base path to no avail. I opened DAZ and got the PostgreSQL failure. I uninstalled DAZ Central and now all of my smart content is gone. All of the content is listed under the available tab. One thing I did notice was that DAZ Central was looking for 4.12.0, but I have 4.12.1 installed. I opened Install Manager and all of my installed content was missing as well and gave me the option of installing everything under the ready to download tab. I verified all the installation paths were correct in Install Manager and also DAZ Studio. This sucks. I don't want to spend the rest of the day reinstalling 265G worth of content that is already there.

Post edited by owakulukem on

I've re-imported the metadata and now Daz Studio has everything back in smart content and is working normally. Install Manager is still convinced that I have nothing installed.

If you want to try re-importing the metadata run Content DB Maintenance, which is found by clicking on the options for active pane icon (the small tab with horzontal lines and a small triangle in the top corner of the tabs), tick Re-import Metadata, then click on Accept. On the pane that opens, uncheck group as "New" and group contents as "New", then press accept. It took about 20 mins to work through over 1TB of data on my system.

Now, if anyobody can sort out DIM, please let me know.

In DIM, click the gear icon (Settings) in the upper right corner and choose "Basic Settings" -- what does it show for "Manifest Archive"?

That leads me to a Manifest Files folder that is empty. That can't be a good sign.

What is the path?  I assume you left it at the default location.

Yes! I just did a search on my hard drive and found another ManifestFiles folder full of contents,. I've redirected DIM to there, now everything is back to normal. 

• Where is the other DIM folder? I am having the same issues but only have 1 DIM folder which is empty.

Odd thing id Daz itself shows all of my content installed. I have everything on an externall drive and was not having these issues untill I installed this program.

Worse, I installed this yesterday on my laptop and have had no issues so far, and I use another SSD drive to store my content library too. It does show the old Mesh Grabber 1.0 needing to be installed (What?), but other than that the laptop install is fine.

The folder with the files is is located at C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/ManifestFiles. I think this is the default setting. The empty folder that DIM was first looking in was in the My DAZ 3D Library on my D:/ drive.

• SavoySavoy Posts: 34

Man, this sounds like a really big headache. I also noticed the same and stopped the installation of DazCentral before it could finish.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited May 2020

If I decide to try it I will create a  win image prior and just use it if its too messed up..

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 104K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • superb1331superb1331 Posts: 30

I just had this issue (thanks to Fixmypcmike and SPew for confirming a fix). Now I'm curious to see if there is a config, or registry entry for the default locations in DAZ Central. 
    It doesn't really give you the individual directory options, and that might be the problem. Especially for users with non-default locations.

I like the interface of DAZ Central, and being able to see images of my content, but not at the cost of loosing GBs of content, and custom configurations. 

• I saw the announcement for DAZ Central, but I didn't see anything that it offers over and above DIM and Connect. I'm glad I didn't jump on board.

• I saw the announcement for DAZ Central, but I didn't see anything that it offers over and above DIM and Connect. I'm glad I didn't jump on board.

Yes, I am not a fan of DIM because even when I download and install, I still have to open up DAZ and install or update all over again, along with the perpetual updates that never seem to go away.

That being said, I jumped and I paid for installing this messed up program. You were wise not to do this m'friend. It has promise, hope they fixe all the issues soon.

angry

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

DIM works perfectly when set up properly.

Deleted Daz Central and reimported meta data got everything back and is working fine

• As for the Das Central issue. Since it draws from DIM, what I did was just reset everything to default in DIM, restarted DIM, and then put all of my paths back in once it was happy and found things. After that I just restarted the whole computer again and then Daz Central and violins!

It found everything with no issues. Even updated all my products that needed it.

Okay so it seems to be working now on the desktop. Only bummer now is the fact that it will not see all my Rendo DAZ products or Poser products. That would make it worthwhile and then we can merge/fazeout DIM...

• Maxx3dMaxx3d Posts: 0

Installed DAZ Central - Results:  All DAZ Content is now missing in DAZ Studio, and the worse part is if I use DAZ Central to re-install content it does not work. It will go through the install process but the content does not appear. If I attempt to open the content from DAZ Central I receive "a file required by the resources interactive lesson can not be found" - the file it just installed.

** The file shows up in products but has a red dot and can not be installed within DAZ Studio.

Thanks

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 394

This is a freakin mess. Got a new PC. Moved some external drives around. And am trying to re-install DS on one of my machines. Apparently I can only do it through Central, and it's not working. Won't even complete an install. Is there a direct link to install DS?? Central is broken.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

You can still use DIM or install DS manually.
    Go get the manual installer go to the "product library" section in your account here. Search for "4.x" to find DS4 pro page there.

• donwaedonwae Posts: 5

DAZ Central really messed me up.  I have removed it from my computer but now when installing through DIM there is no link to DS.  The files are where they are supposed to be but some can't be loaded by DS. When I right click the file and select browse to location, it is there but DS says .duf file does not exist?? It does not make sense to me.

• ChoronzonChoronzon Posts: 48

Ok I cant help it, but this is a major one up.  I havent been able to work since mid-February.  DIM was downloading into OneDrive on my new computer.  When onedrive filled up DIM just crashed everytime I tried to use it.  It took a ton of time but I got that sorted out by finally realizing that it was the stupid OneDrive in the first place.  But now I can't get DIM to work since trying to get it to save files to a secondary drive.  It just crashes.  I saw DazCentral and thought "Oh Joy" perhaps that will work.  It wont recognize my password so I cant even get past the startup screen.  Does it need DIM to run?  I have had no solutions via help tho I know they must be trying.  FRUSTRATED.

• This might actually have a simple solution. Bear with me here:

I was having many of the same issues when I came across an entry in the forum. Basically, windows did an update and renamed my file name, from "joemiceli" to "joemi." That screwed EVERYTHING! 

The "PostgreSQL CMS" error popped up, Smart content was grayed out and when I downloaded manually I had to do it TWICE and DAZ still couldn't find the content. 

All my content is on my E: drive. Go to "edit" "preferences"  and at the top of the popup menu "content" at the bottom of the popup "content directory manager." 

In the new popup, expand "CMS cluster directory" Navigate to "c:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Dazed/cms

To make shit even more frustrating, windows treats "AppData" as a hidden file. You may have to go into your settings panel to "show hidden files before you do this." 

I really hope this solves your problem. It took forever for me to piece this together and while my system is not perfect, I can now use it. 

• The same issue, cannot be installed, it reached 86% with difficulty press "Install" button 20 times to let the installer reach 86% and stopped there.