Workspace Issue

PsyQPsyQ Posts: 1

Hi. How can I fix this? Restarting the PC doesn't help.

This is the issue:

I apply City Limits Lite. Everything looks good as set to Default.
Exit the Daz Studio.
Open Daz Studio and all of the sudden it starts up in Full screen mode.
Press Shift+F11 and the viewport has become undocked, and the Toolbar with the icons beneath the Menu bar have dissappeared. 
This problem even occurs with "lock docking/undocking" selected.
Reset the workspace to City limits Lite, looks good... 
Start working on a scene and switch to full screen and back. Problem has reoccured.
I checked within "Off screen toolbars" and it is empty.
My recent log is attached

Word File Removed

Post edited by PsyQ on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

Please attach an image, not a Word file - Word files can carry malware.

It sounds as if the application is not shutting down correctly, are you allowing it to exit normally or are you terminating it through Task Manager (or the Mac equivalent)? Exactly which version of DS is this - Help>About Daz Studio? What security software are you running?

• PsyQPsyQ Posts: 1
    edited May 2020

I apologize for the Word File.

I exit Daz Studio using the cross in the upper right corner on Windows 10.

It is Daz Studio version 4.12.0.86 Pro Edition 64 bit.

The security software is Windows Defender.

Image file attached showing the undocked viewport and missing toolbar.

Undocked viewport Missing toolbar.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 234K
    Post edited by PsyQ on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

I wonder what those DEBUG lines are at the end of the session and after the status info at the beginning of the enxt - I don't have them, which suggests they are from a third-party plug-in. Try disabling all third-party plug-ins with http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start, restart DS and see if the layout then sticks after that session. If it does, try reenabling the plug-ins one-by-one in Help>About Installed Plug-ins, restarting DS, and testing to see if the layout sticks (sorry, that's a lot of restarting).

• I have the oposite problem, Daz won't save my last configuratio (Full screen mode) and opens my content menu not on the last folder I was viewing but a shader folder.  All I'm trying to do is get it to save the last configuration but that's useless. Moreover my view screen won't display ambient or glowing textures in preview mode unles I use a specific default config. While in Janky mode it displays reflections and reflection maps in real time. But I've only been mentioing that for 5 years now. 

• 3DRenderBoy3DRenderBoy Posts: 31
    edited March 2022

I am having same problems since I installed DAZ Studio (BETA is NOT installed) 1 day ago (via DIM). Every time I start DAZ Studio, it starts with Filament Draw Settings and not Iray or, what I mostly use when I work and close DAZ Studio, in Texture Shaded Mode. I never use Filament! I did Save Workspace As and the Layout but nothing helps. And when I open Workplace to change mode, even so I do NOT do anything, but just close, it changes everything to default and in Filament Mode again. And all my saved files just disappear suddenly from the Windows folder(s). And when I add to Menu new SCRIPTS folder (with adding products) the SCRIPTS menu also disappears.

Everytime DAZ makes new version there is always something wrong and something does not work properly. Full with issues and problems.

PS: I installed 1 day later the BETA. But still the same problems. When I use the BETA there are NO workspace issues.
    I made new SCRIPTS menu and the BETA "remembers" when I change the workspace/layout or start the BETA new.
    But DAZ Studio (normal product) starts in default Workspace/Layout mode with Filament Draw Settings ON.
    I also searched for help here in DAZ Forum but some people say I have to use scripts to solve these issues.
    It is not for users like me who have not much knowledge with scripting and solving DAZ's issues. I am not an advanced DAZ Studio user. Using scripts by other users (and not by DAZ Studio itself!) is not a solution because DAZ's new versions have ALWAYS issues and problems. I think it's because since DAZ made Genesis 8.1 (and why not 9?). I use DAZ Studio since years that I really, really love because it gives many many FREE products to start with 3D render animations.

Post edited by 3DRenderBoy on
  • 3DRenderBoy said:

I am having same problems since I installed DAZ Studio (BETA is NOT installed) 1 day ago (via DIM). Every time I start DAZ Studio, it starts with Filament Draw Settings and not Iray or, what I mostly use when I work and close DAZ Studio, in Texture Shaded Mode. I never use Filament! I did Save Workspace As and the Layout but nothing helps. And when I open Workplace to change mode, even so I do NOT do anything, but just close, it changes everything to default and in Filament Mode again. And all my saved files just disappear suddenly from the Windows folder(s). And when I add to Menu new SCRIPTS folder (with adding products) the SCRIPTS menu also disappears.

Everytime DAZ makes new version there is always something wrong and something does not work properly. Full with issues and problems.

This has nothing to do with the original thread topic, and is a known issue in the current general reelase which - it is hoped - is fixed in the current Public Build (Beta). If the Public Build does seem good expect an update for the General Release in short order.

• Same here no idea how to fix this