IRay render won't cancel - why?

Sometimes, when I click "cancel" on an iRay render, it pops up the dialogue asking me if I want to cancel it, but it never changes to "Close." In the workspace, the dialogue keeps running, and the same thing happens there if I click "Cancel" - it asks if I want to, I confirm, the dialogue goes away, but the render keeps running, only now I have no progress indication of when it might be done. My only choice is to kill the Studio process entirely.

It seems strange that a program may not have enough RAM or memory to close ... this has been going on pretty much since the beginning of iRay. Current version running is 4.12.1.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

How long do you wait after hitting cancel?  I suspect it may need to finish the current iteration before it can cancel.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

I have seen it take a few mintes to cancel after hitting the cancel button before, mostly when it got dropped to CPU though. GPU usually done in a minute or two tops.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Ptrope " this has been going on pretty much since the beginning of iRay"

If so, it's likely something in you hardware configuration is making this more likely. You question is a bit short on detail if you want help. For stance what version of Studio> 4.12.1 isn't sufficent since there are multiple versions of 4.12.1.XXX. What is your computer configuration and OS? Does this happen often, sometimes, etc.

It's not an inherent issue with Studio, becuase there are a milimited number of people that report it, and those tend to be a set that have a number issues with Studio.