Real Force Poncho fur will not render

I'm having trouble getting the fur on the Real Fur Poncho to render. I know it doesn't render in th preview, but it is invisible in the final render as well. I've added the fur, clicked the 'Fur on' icon, checked in the display pane (which says that the fur is visible) yet still it's not there! What is even more frustrating is that I have a past render with this product where the fur DID render, so there must be something I'm missing!

Comments

• AdrianSAdrianS Posts: 77

OK, things got weirder! Normally, I render by going to the render tab and rendering from there. When I do that, I cannot get the fur. If, however, in the Actors tab, I click on render from the top menu, the fur renders fine!!! I've tried this twice - the the render tab, no go, from the top menu, it works (with EXACTLY the same setup). Ideas?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited May 2020

Ummmmm, I think I remember hearing if you are using certain "tools" that it will not render. I don't unfortunately remember which tools are OK to have selected, and which aren't lol. Or I could be remembering it completely wrong, I am a bit of a dummy sometimes lol. Tools meaning universal manipulator, rotate tool, node select etc etc.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940

If you have the Geometry Editor or Mesh Grabber selected, Strand-Based hair and dForce hair will not render. There may be other tools that cause this too, I don't know. Just select something like the Node Selection tool or Translate tool and you will be safe.