URGENT: Need previous version of DAZ Studio

Long story short, the current version of DAZ Studio 4.12.1.117 has something of a scene breaking bug and I can't progress on the project that I have due next week until I got 4.12.0.87 back. Does anyone have the install file?

Comments

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 440
    edited May 2020

BUG REPORT: The issue I am specifically having is that I open up a scene file with numerous keyframes in it, and everything is there, everything is fine, like I left it. The scene file was made in 4.12.0.87

If I then proceed to save the file (in 4.12.1.117), I don't even have to make a single change, close daz studio, and then reopen it, then suddenly a significant number of keyframes are just missing.

Specifically, I go into keymate, and I go under values, and its as if somebody just arbitrarily dragged a square and then deleted a whole swath of values keyframes. 

I never had this issue in the old version, so the simplest solution it appears right now is to just revert. 

I'm asking on the forum instead of in tech support cause I assume tech support is closed for the weekend. 

Post edited by Diaspora on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Submit a ticket:  https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Only Daz3D can give you an older version.  No guarantees that they will.

I hope they grant my request. SMDH, I really regret updating, I even had a little voice in my head warning me, "hey, just like you don't change horses in the middle of a race, don't update your software in the middle of a project" but I ignored it cause I thought that was too paranoid.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

I think some people found that the frames were still there, but the length of the simulation had been shortened, and if they extended it the frames came back.

So, I managed to solve my problem, obviously this solution won't work for everyone but...

I recently built a new computer and put my old hard drive into the new computer and it still has the bones of the OS and Programs still in there, including an installation of 0.86, so I simply copied and overwrote it and the bug appears to be gone, which does confirm that this is an issue related specifically to the new version. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Closed as you already have a thread on the issue. Given that you are a PA, if this is affecting your PA work, you should contact PA support.

This discussion has been closed.