How to disable keyboard view/camera controls?

I've had to download Daz for my new PC and I am coming across a very annoying feature that wasn't happening in the previous version of Daz on my other PC. Sometimes when I go to type in the parameters box, it doesn't register or I haven't clicked in the right place. In my old version of Daz I would just type and nothing would happen until I realised my mistake. In the latest version of Daz I start typing and nothing happens until I start hitting the left most keys and it then changes my camera view (up, down or sideways), the problem is even though its a camera movement and I can undo any other camera movement, for some reason when the camera is moved by keystrokes it cannot be undone. This forces me to lose all scene progress, especially when working with animation and I have to reload the scene again to get the camera back to where it should be. Even hitting Shift+K doesn't disable this keystroke camera movement, surely there's another way?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413

This is a known issue with the General Release, the current Public Build has a fix. https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

• the5amkebabthe5amkebab Posts: 103

Thanks. Is it worth going to the beta or are there even more bugs that need ironing out? So far I can do everything I need in the current version of Daz and this camera bug is the only thing annoying me, I'd hate to squash one bug only to invite another 10 lol.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413

You can install the Public Build alongside the General Release, they are separate applications. I haven't seen any reports of issues unique to the Public Build, though you do need to be aware that some plug-ins may need to be reinstalled to appear in the Public Build and that settings are kept separate (though you can use the new isntancing system to create a shortcut that will copy from the release build)

• the5amkebabthe5amkebab Posts: 103
    edited May 2020

Oh, I was sure I read somewhere that you couldn't have both the beta and general release on the same PC as that would cause problems or database conflicts, that's good to know that isn't the case. Thanks :)

Post edited by the5amkebab on
  • WolfieWolfie Posts: 39

Has there been a fix for this yet? I've had this issue for quite some time and haven't yet found a work around. I recently updated to 4.15 and the issue still exists.

HELP! :D

~Wolfie~

• Turn  keyboard navigation off, default shjortcut shift K or use Edit>View>Keyboard Navigation.