dForce As an After Thought?

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Today's question is not particularly about the product I'm going to use as an example. I am just asking this in general.

So, After Midnight Outfit Set for Genesis 8 mentions that it supports dForce and it sort of does but only in the simplest of poses. Let me illustrate what I am talking about with a screenshot.

Bad dForce

The dFroce result below almost looks works than the normal application of the item without dForce. This seems to be the case with many items I am buying lately. I tried multiple methods and even tried to use the timeline to choose just the right moment to save but it never covered the glut area at all for some reason. Great outfit btw. I am just wondering why I continue to run into this with the newer clothing items. Is it user error? If so can someone steer me in the right direction please?

Keicy1.png
4258 x 2395 - 8M
Keicy1CompSkirt.png
4258 x 2395 - 8M
Post edited by Greybro on

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    edited May 2020

dForce Scallywag Outfit for Genesis 8 Male
    is another recent offender. Anything beyond a slight knee bend and I get a result like this. That's not nice.

vest

The Pantspants

PirateVest.png
    692 x 464 - 191K
    edited May 2020

This product has "dForce," in the name so I am a little bit confused here.

pants.png
    816 x 606 - 415K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    Greybro said:

dForce Scallywag Outfit for Genesis 8 Male
    is another recent offender. Anything beyond a slight knee bend and I get a result like this. That's not nice.

Did you start from a memorized pose or from the current pose? The outfit is intersecting with the body in current pose, which tends to cause explosions like this.

Also, since the pose is very different from the default one, check if there are bones to adjust the outfit before simulating so that the clothes start from a position closer to the intended result.

Hey,

I did start from the default pose. I never tried checking the bones in the clothing, I thought that autofit was supposed to keep it close enough in poses to dForce.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

I'm not sure I follow what you mean, autofit has nothing to do with dForce...

Clothes often have custom bones to pose skirts or the bottom of long tunics or jackets. Those parts can't simply follow the leg pose as that would lead to unnatural poses for the clothes: if you take your example pose, in real life the front part of the jacket should be affected by the leg but not the back, and if the 3D jacket did follow the leg pose both the front and back would be affected. So there are often custom bones to adjust the front, back, left and right parts independantly.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

Greybro,

Can you please screen shot your dForce settings?  Cause the promos show the skirt dforces just fine so somehting has to be messing with your results.

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

I have another skirt  from that PA, it seems to differ very little from the one in thats et, and I've posed it in pretty much the same pose.

Almost all poses that get far are from the base pose need to be done as an animation.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I did a drape from memorized pose on the base shape and had no issues.

Screenshot_8.png
    615 x 870 - 298K
    Screenshot_9.png
    486 x 837 - 236K
    Screenshot_10.png
    450 x 884 - 212K
    Screenshot_11.png
    606 x 880 - 287K
    Screenshot_12.png
    460 x 880 - 301K
    Screenshot_4.png
    256 x 116 - 6K