What causes disjoint in posing?

I use the universal tool often in posing figures. When I start, the universal tool is usually centered on the figure, so if I rotate the tool, the figure spins on it's axis.

But sometimes I'll apply a pose to the figure, and suddenly the universal tool is dijointed away from the figure, and if I need to rotate the figure, they rotate on a much wider axis, making scene positioning that more difficult.

What causes this? Is there a fix? Thank you!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

That is usually the figure node's centre point, and the pose has moved the hip away from the figure node. You can do your rotations with the hip, or you can zero the hip translations and move the figure with the figure node isntead. Poses from Daz should not use the hip, except for placement within multi-figure poses (e.g. shaking hands) so if it's a store set, and there isn't an update, please report it as a possible bug.

• DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 388

That is usually the figure node's centre point, and the pose has moved the hip away from the figure node. You can do your rotations with the hip, or you can zero the hip translations and move the figure with the figure node isntead. Poses from Daz should not use the hip, except for placement within multi-figure poses (e.g. shaking hands) so if it's a store set, and there isn't an update, please report it as a possible bug.

Oh, I see! Okay, I can fill out a report. And thank you, I hadn't thought to zero the hip.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Some poses are designed to be for a specific scene. Thus, they have moved the model to a new location, like in a resturant seat, or a bar-stool, or a doorway, for the pose. They are not intended to be used alone, for poses. Thus, the axis is off-center.

You can view the axis of the hip, which is where the center of the model is based. If it is anything other than 0 for each value of X, Y and Z, then you can just manually set the position of them back to 0, and it will rotate normally.

Honestly, I wish this was a simple option, which could be "checked" or toggled on or off, so those positions don't get lost, but they could be altered to suit a scene, individually, as needed. (Maybe a blue highlight to show that it is not "zeroed", or yellow to show that it has been altered from the original set values.)