Help with Transfer Utility? [SOLVED]

So, I am trying to be braver about making my own clothes, or at least about modifying other products to more closely fit my needs. I fitted the Bandeau Tist Bikini's bra to my charcter, morphed it until is fit perfectly, exported it to Blender as an object, made my changes, and imported it back. It fits back on my character perfectly.

But when I invoke the Transfer Utility with the settings in the screenshot, and intruth, many other combinations, it stays fitting perfect for a split second, but then expands out as if a push modifier has been applied, ruining the fit.

Can anyone school me on why this would be happening?

Thanks

transfer_utility.png
471 x 669 - 44K
Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

If the clothes were made to fit a morphed character you need to change a few settings:

• use "current" and not "default" for "item shape" in the "source" section 
    • check the "reverse source shape from target" box 

With the options you have now DS considers it was made for the base G8F and so it will morph it automatically to fit your character, hence why it doesn't fit.

• Leana said:

If the clothes were made to fit a morphed character you need to change a few settings:

• use "current" and not "default" for "item shape" in the "source" section 
    • check the "reverse source shape from target" box 

With the options you have now DS considers it was made for the base G8F and so it will morph it automatically to fit your character, hence why it doesn't fit.

Bingo. Thanks so much for your explanation.