eGPU not showing up for rendering in DAZ

tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696

Hi everyone,

I somehow can't get my eGPU to show up in DS. I believe I have set up everything correctly - here are my steps summed up real quickly:

I'm on a Mac running High Sierra which was the last macOS to support NVidia --- I have installed the appropriate NVidia Web Drivers for this OS, have installed the CUDA library --- have set up an external display which is run by the external GPU and is set to primary so that all apps must use it  --- I see the eGPU (GTX 1050 Ti) in System Preferences connected to the external display and working. Still it doesn't show up in DS at all.

The weird thing is, DS DOES in fact use the eGPU, i can see it running in the activity monitor when I open DAZ. It doesn't have a choice really because it is running on the primary display which is driven by the eGPU. But it still doesn't reckognize the card as one to be used for Iray. The card doesn't even show up in the Advanced tab while I can see it working away merrily in the activity monitor.

I know I must be missing something, but I just can't figure out what. I'd love any help, suggestions, hints, whatever! Thanks in advance, and stay safe.

Post edited by tsroemi on

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

You should have an Nvidia control panel. Check that DS is allowed to use the GPU for CUDA-GPUs

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696

You should have an Nvidia control panel. Check that DS is allowed to use the GPU for CUDA-GPUs

Thanks, I shall try that! It's just that the panel looks rather different from what I'm used to in Windows - so could you maybe just point me in the right direction, where to look for that setting? Thanks again, sorry for being daft. I'm quite new to MacOS.

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

I'm a Windows user so no.