Daz over Remote Desktop - Crash on Figure Load

So Im trying to run Daz remotely on my desktop to an obsolecant Laptop over Windows 10 Remote Desktop.

I can use it fairly well if Daz is open and the scene is preloaded on the remote machine. Keymapped the widgets and still mindful of some sliders. Functional though.

Loading a fresh instance caused problems.

First error was the GPU OpenCL recognition error window crash, which I bypassed using the remote switch shortcut method. It shows OpenCL GPU warning but opens after. 

However, loading an asset into the new scene causes a crash with error message saying authetication restriction at 0.33 or some such.

Is there a fix for this?

I prefer not to use a 3rd party remote software such as TeamViewer at this time.

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

Sounds like the error is outside DS. Although there is a known issue with opening multiple instances of DS at the same time with the newest version.

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165

The error message was in a DS Error crash window "DazStudio.exe caused and ACCESS VIOLATION at 0033". And the crash logs note an "Undefined Class".

After looking this up theres an unresolved thread in DAZ Forums on it from May of 2018.

I gave it the ol googley and found another site where GPU driver update was a fix for some.

Have since updated to the latest Nvidia Studio Driver (442.92 I believe released 4/16/20), will try again, see how it goes, and report back.

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165

Updated driver loads assests now. Stability is questionionable though. 

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Odd. You wouldn't expect errors to occur over a remote connection that don't occur when using the machine directly. Maybe the Microsoft remote desktop is being too clever, and getting tangled up with Daz in some way.

I've been using Google Remote Desktop without problems to drive Daz for some time now, even using it from my phone.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Odd. You wouldn't expect errors to occur over a remote connection that don't occur when using the machine directly. Maybe the Microsoft remote desktop is being too clever, and getting tangled up with Daz in some way.

I've been using Google Remote Desktop without problems to drive Daz for some time now, even using it from my phone.

Do drive Daz from your phone?  That is some next level ****.  But now I think about it, would be useful to kick off sequence renders whilst I'm at work,  I don't like enabling RDP though. 

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

I use a couple of different remote admin and desktops from my phone. If that didn't work very smoothly all sorts of folks with processes running on remote servers would be screwed. Since the pandemic lockdown started my datacenter is only keeping one person on site, rather than the usual 8 during the work day, so those remote tools allow us to keep the datacenter running somewhat smoothly.