Figure Setup bones order doesn't match

AscendedJoyAscendedJoy Posts: 44

Hello, I have a question regarding Figure Setup utility. When I import a model, I can observe that list on the Geometry List and Relationship doesn't match the order

While I can handle this with objects with less polygroups, certain objects that have so many groups that are not arranged, this is bit too much work.

Is there way to organize figure setup hierarchy?

Thanks!

Post edited by AscendedJoy on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

If you have a figure that has the skeleton you want, you can load that (remove geometry after copying it in, it will keep the hierarchy) and then load the geometry from your obj, but the face group names must match the bone names for the geometry to be associated with the proper bones. If it's for your own personal use, any asset could be used, but if it is for redistribution or resale, you would have to build the hierarchy manually.

It could also be done interactively with the Rigging Tool and Transfer Utility, with Donor Rigs and more stuff I am not really familiar with. I have been playing with the Figure Setup myself lately, and found a few forum posts on how to transfer rigging. Search for "Figure Setup" or "Figure Template" (use Google).