Roadkill and Hexagon

pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 475

Hi all, Anyone use the free stand alone app Roadkill to unwrap mesh for textures? I use the Maya stand alone version. Don't need Maya to use it.

http://www.pullin-shapes.co.uk/page6.htm

I think it does a great job at unwrapping meshes and easy to use but when I bring the resulting OBJ and open it back up in Hexagon the faces that I used to be able to loop select can no longer loop select. Also I am finding that mesh used from Roadkill doesn't seem to work at simulation time. The dForce modifier can be added to the mesh but when simulation starts the simulation just haangs there and never completes initialization and hangs (but not crashes) Studio.

Two part question:

1) Why do faces in Hexagon that are able to loop select no longer can be loop selected once Roadkill has unwrapped the mesh?

2) Does dForce have requirements on the preexisting mesh before it can be simulated?

I love the unwrapping capapbility of Roadkill which I think does a better job than Hexagon's unwrap but it's annoying that I can't loop select previously loop selectable meshes or that DAZ chokes on dForce items that were unwrapped in Roadkill.

Thanks!

Post edited by pfunkyfize on

Comments

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165

Have you tried Blender? Its a superior modeler to Hex and has a robust unwrapper map editor as well. All in the same free program. 

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 475

I use blender only for modeling never did an unwrap in Blender before, I would port mesh modeled in blender into hexagon for ease of use lol