Making a Morph out of Meshgrabbers Move

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

I have here this:

It was lucky possible to move it out, it is normmaly just this:

But I wanna try to move it more out. Is it possible to make it as Morph? Maybe, I can split it to make it as new geo, but I know duplicating the object can cause Problems.

Maybe if I duplicate it in an empty scene, delete all around, then make a .obj out of it and reimport?

The original design was just to look like this:

The next problem is, the Box have just at the start a brown skin, deeper is it black, for a shadow look maybe.

I have wood shaders but, that object have a crazy complex surface structure (I dont like this splitted over the image surfaces... I prefer everything have its own surface, but I understand its maybe more work).

So no idea... I would maybe also have to redesign it, if I wanna pull the box more out.

Any Ideas?

The used room is this: https://www.daz3d.com/i13-dorm-interior (grabbed free during corona bonus days :) )

Edit: That should be far enough pulled out.

Atm, do I switch between 2 Objects, the room have open/closed objects, but this is not very much open.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

found the solution:

Step 1: Have the Object standalone in a empty scene (nothing other!)

Step 2: Use Meshgrabber and move the stuff like you want.

Step3: Go on Export and save the "scene" as .obj

Step4: (you dont even have to close the scene!) Go on edit->Object->Morph loader pro...

Then just load your .obj you just saved.

Now you have it as morph:

At Nr. 3 you can change the Name of the "Morph Folder" like "Adjustment" or "Open/close" or... just Morph. I think standard is there a submenue like "Morph/Morphloader" and you can just remove the /morphloader and make it into 1 menue, just make sure to not use same names in "name/label" as other morphs!

Thats it :)

Thanks for telling me Loony! Oh Thanks you too Loony! []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*

• Ah the joys of youthful bliss making discoveries :-) Did you remember to zero and save the morph before closing the program?

btw - After the word Morph you can type more separation names if ever you want to: i.e. Morphs/Doors/whatever - and each will become a "folder" ;-)

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

yeah that folder thing did I learned too :)

yes I did, I just made a morph for a car part, and then realized there WAS a morph -.- and I had it 2 times on that car xD... so I made 2x a morph when the morphs was already there, just on different bones, that was sad...