Daz Studio 4.12.1.117 Rendering With CPU not GPU

I just loaded in the latest version of DS 4.12.1.117 and it seems to have knocked out iray rendering on the GPU.  I found an aborted thread that referred to a similar problem during the beta phase, but I couldn't find the information referred to in the response before that thread was cut off, or any confirmation that this might be the same problem.  

"The latest Public Build, 4.12.1.40, has an iray update that addresses issues with the 440 drivers - if you aren't, try that and if it still fails post to the beta thread."  

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, is there a similar update for the general release version?     

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

4.12.1.40 is less recent than 4.12.1.117.

Which version of the Nvidia drivers do you use?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,934
    edited May 2020
    Leana said:

I know that was an older version, but that was the only place I saw someone reporting same the problem.  The driver I'm currently using is 432.00

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Assuming you're on Windows, then your drivers are too old, the latest builds require more recent minimum version.

From the DS highlights thread: REQUIRES NVIDIA Driver 441.22 (or newer) on Windows for pre-Turing GPUs, 442.19 (or newer) on Windows for Turing GPUs

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,934
    edited May 2020
    Cybersox said:
    Leana said:

I know that was an older version, but that was the only place I saw someone reporting same the problem.  The driver I'm currently using is 432.00

And no sooner had I typed that, than I realized that was the Game version of the driver.  Doh.  Somehow the studio version got overwritten in an update.  I swapped them out and now the problem's gone.  Sometimes just writing it out makes it obvious.  

Post edited by Cybersox on