Decimator is failing to Load

A few days ago the paid version of decimator was working just fine. Today I opened up DAZ and to my surprise I am met with a message in the Plugins section that says That the plugin failed to load.

This is the text in the plugin help section

Name : dzdecimator
Author : Unknown
Version : 0.0.0.0
Reason : Plug-in was made for a newer version of DAZ Studio.

This makes absolutely no sense, any ideas from anyone at what might be going on with this? I am Daz 4.12.0.86

dec.JPG
976 x 861 - 69K
Post edited by DSGN Overlord on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,943

Did you accidently update the Decimator plugin with DIM, but not update the corresponding Daz Studio application?

• barbult said:

Did you accidently update the Decimator plugin with DIM, but not update the corresponding Daz Studio application?

The last thing I saw was that DIM itself needed to be updated and I did the update. That was the only thing I updated. I am on DAZ 4.12.0.86 to my knowledge this is still compatible no?

• barbult said:

Looking at my hidden elements in DIM I see an update for DAZ 4.12 which is 700+MB and I haven't updated it. Could that be the reason?

• barbult said:

Man thank you for reminding me of checking the software out, I went ahead and saw the update was assigned as hidden I just updated and restarted DAZ and now it is working, I had no idea that it was so version specific for DAZ, It's weird that it isn't even compatible with the previous version of 4.12

As far as I know, the latest released version of Daz Studio is 4.12.1.117. (It has some very annoying interface bugs that have been corrected in Public Beta 4.12.2.6.) If you updated the Decimator plugin but didn't update Daz Studio, that could be the problem. When Daz releases a new Daz Studio version, they also rebuild and release the Daz plugins to match. If you see a download of Daz Studio in DIM, but don't see a download for decimator, that probably means that you already installed the decimator plugin update. Maybe you just clicked the box for product updates and installed them all without looking to see what was included in that bunch. If this is the case, your recovery path of least resistance is probably to go ahead and update Daz Studio to 4.12.1.117.

Oh, we cross posted. I'm glad you got it fixed.