[Solved] Latest Update Might Disable Measure Metrics in DS4.12.0.86

TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Edit:
Update to Measure Metrics may require updating to Daz Studio 4.12.1.117 -- this version might also require driver updates via PNY or Nvidia for iRay to preview or render.

Can anyone help with this? 

Requested tech spt ticket, but it's been a while.  Don't know if they're even open with virus & safety at workplace.

From log file:

"C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzmeasuremetrics.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzmeasuremetrics.dll: The specified procedure could not be found."

---
sys info.

Win-10 version 1903 build 18362.778

Default paths from DIM:

(C:) > Program Files > DAZ 3D > DAZStudio4 > docs > Plugins > Measuremetrics.dsx
(C:) > Program Files > DAZ 3D > DAZStudio4 > docs > Plugins > MeasureMetricsInLineHelp.dsx
(C:) > Program Files > DAZ 3D > DAZStudio4 > plugins > dzmeasuremetrics.dll

Screen-shots.png
1254 x 1989 - 317K
Post edited by Tynkere on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Did you install the Measure Metrics plugin fr this version after installing the DS update?

So you installed DS with DIM, but DIM failed to install the corresponding Measure Metrics update?

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited May 2020

So you installed DS with DIM, but DIM failed to install the corresponding Measure Metrics update?

Good Question.  DS installed via DIM with default paths.  Update to MM also installed via DIM.

Was working fine in 4.12 until the update

(I bought MM when using 4.9 (64bit?)

After update, nothing showed in DS & that’s when noticed the red ‘plug’

Uninstall/reinstall MM via DIM = error msg

Reboot.  same error msg

Manual install (64 bit) = windows MsgBox  (reboot)
    Same for 32 bit version.

Not sure what the .dll is calling for why it would read 'unknown publisher - version zero.'  Windows and or DAZ can't find it?  dynamic link library file itself is botched?

I'm stumped on this one. : /

Post edited by Tynkere on

Is DS closed when you install MM with DIM?

Yep.  I also reboot just to refresh everything.  Nada... : (

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Are you sure the version and channel (beta or release) match between DS and the plug-in?

Are you sure the version and channel (beta or release) match between DS and the plug-in?

Update to 4.12.1 solved the MM problem, but now I can't render...

Lesson Learned:  If Daz is working-- don't mess with it.

Anyway, thanks for reply.  You've always been very helpful and patient with us.  :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454
    Tynkere said:

Update to 4.12.1 solved the MM problem, but now I can't render...

Lesson Learned:  If Daz is working-- don't mess with it.

Anyway, thanks for reply.  You've always been very helpful and patient with us.  :)

Won't render at all or won't render to GPU? If the latter it's probably the driver version, what are you currently using (right-click on desktop>nVidia Control Panel)?

Yes, only GPU renders & previews-- should’ve been more specific.  

As you suggested, updated drivers to 'most recent' (from April?) and all is well.  Thanks for the help!